Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hello everyone,
i just got a 7 weeks old puppy on firday,
pure boxer, white, one blue eye one brown.
but heres my question...
* she is very skinny.. is that normal?
* she's been fine as to runnign around and playing, but today she keeps kinda throughing up and then sleeping all day. what should i do?
thanks so much
tori

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would take her to the vet ASAP. Could be a few different things, but Parvo is my main worry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

okay thanks,
she's goin in the morning...
my dad thinks she is just tired from playing with all the other dogs but, it really scares me..so off the the VET we go.. bright and earlly in the morning,,,
thanks agian
tori & chrome

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck at the vet with your baby.  Let us know what you find out, and we'd love to see some pics of her.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi Tori and welcome to the forum.  I hope that your little one gets better really quickly, but being she is so young and it could be so many different things, I would take her to a vet and have her checked out.  Puppies often have parasite or worms that they pick up in the area where they were born and most things can be cleared up quickly but they do need to be given by a vet.  Make sure she stays hydrated until you get her to the vet.  You can give her of the lemon/lime flavored gatorade and hopefully that won't upset her stomach.  Let us know what you find out.  Also what are you feeding her and have you changed her food since you've brought her home?  Good luck to you and your new baby.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hoping your pup starts feeling better....As she hasn't had all her shots yet, I would also monitor play time with other dogs, unless they all are current on their shots..It really isn't uncommon for pups to have a "bug when they come home, depending on what envirpment they were in, but a vet visit is always a good thing when you bring a new dog home.....Also you may want to read thru the puppy section, esp the Sticky posts about things to have on hand.....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, you will great information on this forum.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  First question would be any change in food?  What shots had he/she been given before you got her?  Definitely needs to be checked by a vet.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi... Welcome to the forum! Seems like most people have hit it right on the spot... so just keep us posted! Hope she gets better soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey eveyone thanks so much for your concern, chrome died this morning... is really not a good day...
just last week my charger ran infront of a car and died also, so these last few days iam not in the best mood....
so please if anyone
knows anyone with puppy boxers let me know, iam looking for a pure white one...
just mail me at [email protected]
thanks so much...
tori

1 - 14 of 14 Posts