Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I received after I inquired about a Boxer puppy in an ad:

hello, thanks for contacting me. i know you will love her.
i simply call her  lilly, she loves her name,she is 10 weeks old when ever i call him lilly she will run up to me like a three year old kid,she has a very beautiful head, ears and coat. she has been raised in the home with lots of love and care, and is well socialized with a wonderful temperament she is vet checked and up to date on all her shots and will need them only after six months, lilly is very fine amoung kids and other pets like dogs,cats.birds etc, she will make a very fine house pet.her face is just too adorable.this little girl loves to run and play.likes to stop and smell flowers.she is a pleasure to have around,he is very friendly,playfull and has a very good
behavior.very fine where ever i keep her.
i traveled out to Yaounde Cameroon 8 days ago and i have come to discover that the weather and climate condition here in Cameroon is not good for her and i love her so much that i will not want anything to happen to her here, so i just want to ship her back to the states to any loving and caring home.i'll be shipping direct way which will only take few hours, since she is up to date and has all her health records. it wount take anylong for customs check, she will have to come with full legal authorisation permit.so you will have no problems having my little princess with you. she will come along with all her papers,toys  and  a 1 year health guarantee. she will bring so much love and joy to your home or family for the new year.
get back to me if you are interested in her and let me know where you are located and the closest airport to you where you can pick her up from.
here i  got you her most recent pictures in the attachment below

Do you think that this is some kind of puppy mill and they are shipping these poor puppies? I will try and insert the pictures that came along with it but I am new here and not familiar with this site. They were really adorable pictures of a Boxer puppy playing in the grass. Isn't it dangerous to ship puppies?

Jiligan

·
Registered
744 Posts
Unfortunately, this scam has been going on for years. They're looking to take your money and not deliver the dog (ie: there is no puppy involved).

A much better way to find a responsibly bred puppy is to contact your local boxer club and inquire as to which breeders currently have litters on the ground. I notice that you are in Ohio. Miami Valley Boxer Club ( http://www.ohioboxers.com ) would be a great place to start.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have went on ohioboxers.com and did send e-mails to just about everyone I could on their member list. I haven't been able to locate a puppy yet because of various reasons. breeders don't have any right now, price out of my budget (I am at about $350 - Let me say I am not looking to breed or show and I know I will have additional expenses for well puppy checkups and shots and such) , and I was refused by one rescue because I have an AKC German Shepherd that is not neutered that we were going to stud. I do not necessarily even have to have a puppy. I would settle for a young dog. I would just like to have a fawn with some white and black on the face. I am planning to get one that is either spayed/neutered or get one that will be spayed/neutered. I love my dog now and I have always wanted a Boxer. I think that  a Boxer would make a fine addition to our household. For us and for our present dog who just wants a friend to play with.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
My suggestion is to continue to look at rescues and animal shelters, spca, etc.  Males have a tendency to not get along even when they are "fixed".  So I would try to find a female and have her spayed.  
Here in the Houston area, pure bred animals are easy to find in shelters and such.
Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like Zhanna said, I would concentrate on the rescue dogs. If you are on a budget, that would be your best bet..And yes, definitely look for a female. Having said that, even the rescue places are going to be a bit leary about placing even a spayed female in a home with a male that has not been neutered. Altho I was able to adopt a female ( Tia) & my male was still intact. Start making the rounds of the shelters, but it could take awhile...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been going on line to all the shelters in Ohio. There are some shelters on there as far as Cincinnatti. I know the right one is out there and I have already been searching for about a month. Why do you think that they won't adopt even a spayed dog to me since my dog isn't neutered? My son had all three of his female spayed dogs home with him on leave at Christmas and they all did fine with my dog. After they left my dog seemed a little depressed and then I realized that we have enough love for another and a big enough yard to get him a friend. I just think that it is sad that I am willing to pay that much money for a rescued older dog and then they refuse me. I mean it's not like I am going to pay that much for an older dog and then let him/her be mistreated or bring an animal into an environment that it is unwanted like it's previous home.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I don't know how far Cincinnatti is from where you are, but we got Henry from a town that is a three-hour drive from our house, about 250 miles!  So maybe look at shelters outside of Ohio if they are in range.  Also, as great as boxers are, maybe your german shepherd would enjoy any type of dog friend.
Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Part of the hesitation about placing a pet into a home with an un-neutered pet is just the mindset of the shelter. You got to figure, a good portion of the animals at a shelter are there due to an accidental pregnancy...

When we adopted Tia from Boxer Rescue in LA, the director pestered us the whole time we were there about having our Buck neutered..Her main concern is health issues, which I understood, but to be honest I almost thought she was going to refuse our adoption. They are looking at the wellbeing of their animals & a lot of time with a non neuterd male, there can be aggression issues, so that is also a concern....

Hang in there,, you will find your baby when it's time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a beautiful little fawn. I named her Chanel. She is four months old. I found her on an on line ad. When I went to look at her she was in a pen with her two brothers and a female Boxer that was not her mother. She was never socialized with people and she had never been out of her 5 X 5 pen that was filthy dirty with mud and waste. Needless to say she was covered with all of it and smelled worse than the elephants at the zoo. She got her first bath as soon as we got home and I though it might be traumatic for her but she seemed to like it. But I fell in love with her immediately and decided that despite some issues she might have we would find a way to overcome them and give her a happy loving warm home. I sincerely do not know how they were surviving out in the cold with all the snow. We picked her up Saturday and she is learning so quickly about all the new things around her. The  first few days she just wanted to lay in one spot and sleep. I took her to my vets the very first thing Monday and he gave her a complete exam and ran some test and gave her a clean bill of health. Thank you to all of you who gave me information and advice. I really do appreciate it. I feel that my husband and I did rescue her even though we bought her from a breeder and I can not beleive that they can sell AKC puppies in those kind of conditions. I am new here so I don't know if there are regulations to protect puppies from that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts