Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night we had Lola out playing with the neighbor dogs.  She somehow managed to hit her head on the bottom side of a hitch/receiver of a pickup truck and make three small gashes on the top of her head.  There was no blood but there is also no fur where there are 3 little marks.

Anyone know if this will result in scars?
Is there anything you can do to reduce having any scars?  (not pick the scab?  neosporin?)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie had some little missing patches on the top of her head from hitting the coffee table...  and they were there for a while i wasnt sure if they were going to grow in, but now they are completely covered with hair.  I would say it took at least 3 months to completely grow back

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I would just keep some neosprin on it, as long as it is in a place where she can't lick it off. Hugs to Lola!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
like tootsie said, just put neosporin or another topical cream/antibiotic type on it and im sure it will go away fairly soon

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I love Neosporin, it works great..Use it a lot on my kids....That's an area where she can't get to it, so I would definitely put some on...The fur may grow back, hard to say..They look pretty small so probably will...Samson has 2 little bald spots behind his left ear that have been there since I got him..They have never grown in, but I always check them to make sure that nothing changes....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Best time to put neosporin on them is right before bed.  She could use her paw to rub the neosporin off and lick it.  That small amount probably wouldn't do a thing, might cause a little loose stool at the most.  We usually put them on right before they go to sleep.  Put it on while she's napping also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts