Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a question about getting on a schedule for feeding breakfast. Our family has a schedule where we need to be up and out by 6am 4 days a week. We are up, in the kitchen, making breakfast, etc.. Mercedes is right there with us and of course wants to wake up, pee, have her breakfast etc.. .with us.

The problem comes on the other 3 days of the week. She things that 5:30AM is the time to wake up, pee, and start the day. She starts crying and whining. Even a bark or two.

Do any of you have suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks,
GT

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
the easiest thing i would suggest is wake up to take her out, then after that go back to bed. that is what i do with my two. They are used to going out at 7a.m b/c my daughter is getting ready for school, on Sat and Sun though they still are up at 7...so i wake up..take 'em out.. and kennel them for another hour or so to get a little more rest. After that we eat and usually head to the part for a romp and play.

·
Registered
186 Posts
We do the same thing with Loki not including the getting up in the middle of night with him. He gets fed at 5 or 530 am when my hunny gets up and then at 4 when he gets home form work. On the weekends we get up take him out and go back to bed. We feed him  about 7 on the weekends. He i spretty used to it now so he sleeps when we sleep.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Boxers are pretty schedule orientated..Angel wakes me up(if I'm not already up), by 6:30.We go out potty, then it's breakfast. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is, we must adhere to that schedule... :) Dinner is the same way..The time change totally messes them up, cos 4 pm rolls around and they think it's time to eat...They rule our lives, in one form or another  :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Same thing here. I usually get up around 4:30 before I go to the gym to let Fredo out then the bf wakes up and feeds him around 8.  On the weekend though I still have to get up and let him out at 4:30 I just go back to bed for a bit after.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sounds like most of the fur kids are on the same schedule.  We do pretty much the same thing - go out and potty between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m., but then back to bed for another hour or so.  With it being dark and cold out - they are pretty agreeable to waiting until 8:00 or 8:30 a.m. for breakfast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We wake up around 6am too and take out Zeus if he wakes up on the weekend to go out,  we bring him right back to bed with us. He gets his breakfast on the weekends around 7:30-8:00. Zeus does't seem to mind his weekend schedule.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"56414 said:
the easiest thing i would suggest is wake up to take her out, then after that go back to bed. that is what i do with my two. They are used to going out at 7a.m b/c my daughter is getting ready for school, on Sat and Sun though they still are up at 7...so i wake up..take 'em out.. and kennel them for another hour or so to get a little more rest. After that we eat and usually head to the part for a romp and play.
Thats what I do on weekends too, take her out between 5:00 and 5:30 and then go back to bed; I just let Kiah get under the covers with me and that is a big treat for her, so she doesn't mind going back to bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts