Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am not too impressed, there are too many grains and is pretty low in protein.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I noticed that it was added to the new Whole Dog food list, but I really am not too impressed with the ingredients...Here's what they say about it:
Photos of fresh beef & vegetables are on the label, but brewers yeast and wheat are first and second on the ingredients list. Beef is 7th, behind the " real "main protein source, which is chicken meal. Also includes animal fat

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ingredients are pretty poor- the first "real" meat source is listed 6th down the line, so probably doesn't make up any substantial portion of the food.

Ingredients are listed by weight. Chicken is listed first- however "chicken" is inclusive of the water content (80%) and after processing into dry kibble the water weight is lost and the true weight of the chicken will be moved further down the list.  You can see that "chicken meal" (exclusive of water content) is listed 6th.

In conclusion- not something I would feed or recomend to others.

Chicken, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Soybean Meal, Chicken Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Whole Grain Oats, Apples, Cranberries, Soybean Oil, Peas, Carrots, Dried Beet Pulp, Iodized Salt, Flaxseed, Broccoli, Vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Here is an old, (looks like some of the ingredients have changed) but still useful review from dogfoodanalysis.com
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food ... 89&cat=all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts