Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new. I live in San Diego w my two boxers, Steeler and Shawna. To begin, they are both about 9yrs old. Ive had Steeler since he was a pup. I got Shawna when she was about 2 from a rescue. Recently they were both playing and Steeler, the guy has a wicked right paw. POW! Well he landed one on our beautiful lady, top of her head and it looks like he got her eye. She spends her waking moments since trying to rub it. There is a red dot that has grown in size over the past couple of days. This happened about a week ago. Ive sent pics to her vet and thought I would find a forum too. I have attached photos for anyone's review.
I would appreciate any ideas or diagnoses.
Thanks
Chris
IMG_9130.jpg
IMG_9130.jpg
IMG_9130.jpg IMG_9129.jpg IMG_9126.jpg

·
Registered
785 Posts
She really needs to see an Veterinary Ophthalmologist if one is near you I really doubt that is from playing or a scratch looks more like some kind of ulcer to me but I am not a Vet that really needs to be checked out pronto!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She really needs to see an Veterinary Ophthalmologist if one is near you I really doubt that is from playing or a scratch looks more like some kind of ulcer to me but I am not a Vet that really needs to be checked out pronto!
Hi and thanks so much for replying. She does have a vet and Ive got her scheduled to be seen this afternoon! Hoping its not that serious. :/

·
Registered
785 Posts
I hope all goes well Boxers sometimes get ulcers and other issues like dry eye and infections so its always a good thing to have checked out let us know what the Vet says!

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Glad you are taking to vet, definitely looks like a scratch to me. They will likely give her antibiotic drops to prevent infection. Hopefully it heals well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts