Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
Reputable breeders will not have "sealed brindles". It is believed that something else has been added to the breed to get a solid black boxer.

Now a reverse is a different story :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very interesting,now ive seen some pretty dark reverse brindles though. I will have to him know.
Thx :dance:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have one

Extreme reverse brindle with very few specles of brown. With papers. Yes, they do exist although have never heard of "sealed boxers".

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats what zoe is. her brown markings are starting to come out more on her shoulders. She got all kids of attention this weekend when we went camping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's what I been trying to get Info on. I have owned a fawn in the past and just picked up a Black boxer pup. All characteristics point towards boxer and mom and dad were on premises.... Can you guys look at my thread I posted about week and a half and give me some feed back... On pics I posted ... It would be much appreciated

·
Registered
230 Posts
looks like she's all boxer. I wouldn't worry about it, everyone said at my Zoe wasn't a boxer till they seen the pics of her. Your dogs brown markings will eventually come out as she gets older.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got a sealed brindle from a reputable breeder in Colorado. They explained to me that there is not a true black boxer... You can see her recessive coat color (fawn) in the sun light. She is AKC registered but limited AKC registration. I know they sometimes have a waiting list but it was well worth the wait. KLOUD 9 BOXERS .
Good luck :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I really don't think Kloud 9 is a responsible breeder. I haven't found any health testing and most of their dogs don't seem exceptionally well to standard. Also, when one's name is "Daddy" it's a giant red flag to me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
This thread is a little on the older side, but since a breeder has been recommended I wanted to chime in. I checked out their website, but didn't see any mention of health testing. Nor does it appear that they're involved in conformation or working with their boxeres. I personally would not purchase a puppy from a breeder unless they do health testing (heart, hips, etc) before breeding. It just doesn't look like this breeder does.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts