Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New to this forum. Have a 3 year old male boxer named Ringo. He has had seasonal allergies for last 2 years. I have tried apoquel cytopoint special diets. Also added omega 3 and 6 supplements and have given him greasy salmon and salmon oil. Nothing seems to work. Ears get red and he itches a lot. Wondering if anyone has same issues with theirs or had any ideas. I’m open to anything

·
Registered
5 Posts
My male boxer has suffered from allergies for many years. He is now 12 years old. Cytopoint shots helped a lot when I started him on them every 6 weeks or so. Results seem to lessen over time, but still helped. I also switched to fresh food (Farmers Dog) versus just kibble, that helped as well. I do medicated baths when I take him to vet for check-ups.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My male boxer has suffered from allergies for many years. He is now 12 years old. Cytopoint shots helped a lot when I started him on them every 6 weeks or so. Results seem to lessen over time, but still helped. I also switched to fresh food (Farmers Dog) versus just kibble, that helped as well. I do medicated baths when I take him to vet for check-ups.
Thank u. The cytopoint only last 4 weeks for him. Very expensive I had him on raw still had issues. Give him supplements and salmon oil. Helps a bit. His coat is great just ears are the issue. Have given him benedryl it helps but dnt want to over due it. Thx again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
New to this forum. Have a 3 year old male boxer named Ringo. He has had seasonal allergies for last 2 years. I have tried apoquel cytopoint special diets. Also added omega 3 and 6 supplements and have given him greasy salmon and salmon oil. Nothing seems to work. Ears get red and he itches a lot. Wondering if anyone has same issues with theirs or had any ideas. I’m open to anything
Yes my boxer is seven years old. He was on Apoquil for quite a while and then we took him off and he seemed to be fine. But this year he seems to be a bit itchy. I just wash him with medicated shampoo, and sometimes put coconut oil on his skin but he is still itchy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Cytopoint is very good at controlling seasonal allergies and appears to be a safer option than apaquel. If you compare costs cytopoint is not that much more expensive on a monthly basis and some dogs require less and less of the injections over time it can sometimes last two months or even three with continued use

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cytopoint is very good at controlling seasonal allergies and appears to be a safer option than apaquel. If you compare costs cytopoint is not that much more expensive on a monthly basis and some dogs require less and less of the injections over time it can sometimes last two months or even three with continued use
Fir my dog cytopoint last 4 weeks if that long sometimes. And at $230 an injection I can’t afford to do monthly. Live in NY area so everything cost more. Been giving more supplements and salmon oil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts