Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone uses a seatbelt harness for their dogs in the car and if so, what brand?  My friend with a Rotty has one for his dog (the dog's way to big and his car way to small) for a crate, but I wondered how safe they are.  Kane is all over the place in my Xterra.  We put him in the back and he jumps over and falls over all the time.  I really want to get a safe restraint for him.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I use one for Penny.  I can't remember offhand what brand it is, but so long as the package says it is a seatbelt harness, I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I dont use a seat belt type thing for Fiona, but I did buy this and it works great.  I did not want her jumping over the seats and stuff either in my SUV. I think it was about $70.00!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
we dont use anything for the girls. they climb in the back of the car and Savannah lays on the seat and Reese lays on the floor board. occansionaly Reese will scoot over to the window and shove her head out the window.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips.  Kane just won't sit down in the car and I like the pet barrier, although I'm afraid he'll stand in the back too and get banged around.  Also it's really high for him to get up into the back.  But thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
905 Posts
We have harnesses for Tink and Hector.  They attach to the lead at the back of the shoulder rather than around the neck, which means that in a crash, or even if we had to brake suddenly, the force is distributed around their chest and shoulders rather than around the neck.  My own opinion is that a dog should never be unrestrained in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts