1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Im from Latvia! Eur :p
sorry my english writing is f... bad :)

How to train my dog, to do not by a frendlly whit all people (strangers)
i have a crime problem in my house and dogy dont help me  :oops:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you can try and train your boxer in obedience and then go into schutzhund.

But i would consult with a local trainer near you.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  Do you want to teach your boxer protection if so I would consult a trainer as DM_Boxers recommended?  My boxers will let me know by barking if someone is outside the house.  There are suggestions in the training section of the forum on general obedience.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I read that real quick and I thought you were asking how to get your dog to not be friendly to white people    :lol:

I've been teaching my dog to bark at people outside.  If you actually start making it a big deal when someone is outside and making a barking noise yourself (someone on the board suggested this and it sounds crazy but works), then praise and treat them when they copy you, they get it eventually.  I think Little Boxer may be right though, the natural protection instinct may not kick in for quite some time.  People looking for a guaranteed watch dog should probably adopt an adult dog that already exhibits those tendencies.  But I'm sure with proper training, you can get them to do anything.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Unfortunatley boxers are VERY friendly by nature :) so trying to teach them not to be i imagine is going to be very difficult. Welcome to the forum. I would start with the obedience training and go from there.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Southerngirls, I agree.   I always tell people boxers make good watchdogs.....terrible guard dogs   :lol:

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
[quote/ sully/ "I thought you were saying you didn't want your dog to be friendly to white people..." quote]

Sully, you crack me up!! Keep it comin'!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts