Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I signed up for the boxer forum for a couple of reasons. First, because I love boxers. I have two - a 7 year old fawn with white flash named Cassius (Cash), and a 3 year old white boxer with one brown ear named Tyson. They are my babies (I dont have any human children...yet). And second, because my Cash was recently diagnosed with T Cell Lymphoma. I am devastated. I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my body and crushed. I am hoping that someone would have advice on grants or any kind of assistance? We found a vet who is experimenting with bone marrow transplants (not the same as in humans, this kind of procedure is done with blood), but the cost is crazy....$19k. He is currently undergoing chemo (please dont judge me on this decision, my options were 4 weeks without or 6 months with, and he has no side effects). Anyway, I hate asking for help, but I dont know what else to do at this point. Hoping someone can point me in a direction that may help....thank you for reading. <3

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
OMG, I am so sorry!!! And no one is going to judge you on the Chemo Option??? We all have do what we can and if you can afford the Chemo Option, then you are a leg up on a lot of us. :)

Hopefully he responds well to that treatment??? To late now but so you know ... I call Boxer's the Heartbreak Breed! Neurological (DM), Heart Problems and Cancer takes many of them out! And the medical community refers to Boxers as "Cancer in a Box!" My vet said that once to me, on a "Struddell" check up. And then blushed and apologized. I said no problem, as I already knew.

But back on point you could start a "Go Fund Me" account?? i don't know alot about them but people do those. But hopefully, he responds well to Chem, so it won't it be needed in anycase. Good luck and we are here for you in anycase.

Welcome aboard and sorry it's under these circumstances. :(

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome, and as Chip18 noted, sorry it is under your current situation.
Boxers are the BEST! I don't believe you will be judged for doing what you can and what you feel is right for your furbaby. You'll get support here.

The Go Fund Me I'm aware of. I don't know other specific sources of help...you could reach out to your local boxer (or other breed) rescue groups and see if they know of options.

I wish you luck and hope Cash is responding well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts