Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Lette got out of the fence again today...(some of ya'll know she has a history of jumping the fence) (we are moving soon to a privacy HIGH fence and this just made me more motivated)

Anyways...Lette got hit by a car.  Oh yes she is ok...she is tough just a little pain not a lot a few scraps.  But anyways the guy that hit her comes to the door and says I hit your dog with my car, and you need to pay for the damages....there was no I hope that your dog is ok...or is your dog ok...it was that is your property and you need to pay for the damages.  I said no you need to call the police and file a report...I will wait...Knock on the door when they show up lol...So, the police man comes..and said the only thing I can do is write a ticket for  animal at large and I said I understand that.  The police officer said he would have to take me to civil court, so I told him bring it lol...He is saying that Lette caused a perfectly straight line guage that goes up and down ... tell me how a dog can cause such a thing.  I am including pics of the car.  Lette is good with a few scraps, she will be good to go in a couple of days, I hope this knocked some sense in her about getting out of the fence...pun intended.   I have enclosed a couple of pictures please tell me what you think about LEtte causing this guage in his car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is insane! There is no way a dog could have done that. He is just looking for you to pay for one of his previous "accidents". I am sure if he takes you to court the judge will see that. I am glad Lette is okay. You guys are lucky! :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually gave them a bath, and had taken her collar off so neither jack jack or lette had their collars on.  And it was funny cause the guy picked Jack Jack out as the one he hit...but guess what...It was LEtte...She has the scraps to prove it, and she is the only one who can jump fences.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was funny because I was like do you mind if I take pictures of the so-called damage my dog did to your car...he said yes...and in mind I am thinking..hello dumba** dont you wanna take a pic of my dog lol lol lol or at least examine them for scraps!!!  Nope, he was dumb

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Was that a BMW he was driving? NO WONDER he wants you to pay!  :x I would HATE to have seen Lette's condition if she HAD INDEED made that dent. He's a unethical idiot.  :roll:  :roll:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Geez, tell him to stop running into fence posts and blaming it on a poor innocent dog!!!  Especially if she had no collar on, there is no way she could have caused a scrape like that.  Let alone be basically ok!!!  Poor baby girl!  I'm glad to hear she's going to be ok!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
That's scary and I'm so happy she's ok.  My first boxer Hooter hit a truck one time with his head, he was chasing a cat.  He put a very nice size dent in the drivers side door.  Thank goodness I was living in my small hometown at the time and knew the guy.  We paid for the door, $95.  I just really don't see her doing that to the car and her being ok.  What a stupid guy!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I dont think Lette caused that damage, it looks like a cheap piece of the bumper and old....I feel if he would have hit a dog hard enough to damage it then your dog would have been injuried worse then that.....anywho.....write down everthing while it is fresh in your mind and also take pictures of Lette and her injury(s)...so you can prove she was not hurt bad.....and also Jack Jack....just in case you do have to go to court....maybe he would pick the wrong dog in court also :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well I'm glad that Lette is allright, that's the big thing...But there is no way that she could have caused that, you can tell that is caused by hitting something metal and has been there awhile....Definitely get tons of pics of Lette and Jack Jack too as he thought that was the dog that hit him...Hmmm, can't even tell them apart :roll: Good luck with your fight, I think he's not going to get far with his claim regarding damages

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
oh come on, there is no way a dog did that...unless the dog was some sort of beam shaped metal dog.  As everyone said to have caused that much of a mark the dog would have had to be hurt pretty bad.  

Pippin got out when she was 1 and got hit by a truck...my mom was chasing her down the road and saw it happen...the guy just took off...but anyway, Pippin had a huge hole in her side (she wasn't injured besides that though, just needed some stitches).  We called in and the E-Vet said don't worry about it, bring her in tomorrow (it was on a Sunday)...well we brought her in on the monday and our vet was shocked, he said that she should have been seen asap with an injury like that...the E-Vet almost got fired for slacking off and telling us it wasn't an emergency...anyway, we ended up finding the guy and there was no damage to his vehicle whatsoever...and Pippin had a huge hole in her side...so I don't know how Lette could have caused that damage when a truely injured dog caused no damage at all to a shitty old truck!!

G

·
0 Posts
Mark you are so funny.  :lol:  Yea, there is no way she caused that. Unless she has a metal rod sticking out of her somewhere.

·
Banned
2,813 Posts
Why do people have to be such a**holes? There's no way that she could have done that damage! And not to even care if she's ok, just to want $... it's a good thing I beleive in karma, his is gonna get him. At least she's ok, thank goodness. The judge would laugh himout of court on that one, make sure you do take pics of both dogs tho.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
That guys is a dingbat... LOL!

Keep all those pics! did you take pics of Lette too?  Cause they will have a time stamp on it from your camera so you have proof that it was her...

What a tard!

·
Registered
377 Posts
1st: I'm happy Lette is okay!!!

2nd: What a money grubbin' bastard! Not to even ask about the dog, but to just come to your door and say you have to pay?? I'm glad you had the gumption to tell him no way buddy-call the cops! It is OBVIOUS that he hit something metal. There is no way in hell your dog did that to the bumper. Any judge will see right through his scam.....if he even takes it that far!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts