·
Registered
5,129 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chip18
I do brush my boxer also very day thank you for answering me You have a wonderful day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Yes they shed. Ours didn't shed a whole lot the first year but now that he is 5 he does. We also use similar tools that Chip gave you a link too. We basically use a rubber horse/dog curry. Chewy also has them for around $5.00

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes my dogs shed all the time I can usually get a lot of it out after they have had a bath which I do once a month. I usually use a plastic horse curry (small one gently) the I follow that with a horse face brush to remove the rest of the loose hairs. They really shed when they get excited the hair will just fly! At least they are short haired and wash and wear!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Yes they shed. Ours didn't shed a whole lot the first year but now that he is 5 he does. We also use similar tools that Chip gave you a link too. We basically use a rubber horse/dog curry. Chewy also has them for around $5.00
Oh Horse brush! That's where I got mine the "Feed and Grain Store!" Thanks for reminding me. I got to get another one cuz,I lost the original??

With no more Gunther and then no more Struddell. I only had Rocky (GSD) and that brush was useless on him! OMG the fur the fur, it was a real horror show! I had no idea GSD's were long haired dog's??? :)

Struddell (White Boxer) did not appear to shed at first?? But white dog and while we never noticed shedding at first. If you wore dark cloth's and came over you'd be covered with white hair. We rented a SUV and while Struddell never rode in it. But it had white hair in it from our clothes??

And around the four or five mark her hair coat got thinner. And with the pink skin ad the grey spots under her coat she kinda looked like a Dalmatian.

Bella my APBT/Boxer is two years old now. And right not her coat is really tight. And I can't pull hair out of her coat by brushing her?? She's a Brindle so most likely any hair loss would be harder to see?? But I'll take note of any changes as time roll's by. :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Chip, Kai is a reverse brindle so you don't notice the dark hairs but the white really appears to shed more though I'm sure it is the same. I have a dyson and boy its full of dog hair. But he is just so sweet we deal with the hair and drool. LOL Poodle is learning to be sweet too but not there yet at least not boxer sweet. He makes up for it by not shedding or drooling LOL
I had a visitor yesterday who noticed my empty crate, no one uses it right now..and said I need to find you another dog. LOL I still have 4 my chihuahua who is entering his 18th year is still going though now he prefers to stay in his crate under blanket and coms out only to potty and run around a bit in yard but in the past month I noticed he can no longer see very well so he wants to be where he feels comfortable. Closer to his human outside or in his bed, he is also starting to skip a meal every day or so, is shakey at times, and has periods of barking endlessly for no reason. (old dog syndrome), also no longer likes to be handled, except by me now.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
18 wow! That's Kitty Cat life span! But yeah it sounds like he is starting to wind down. :(
How many dog's do you have is it three???

And yeah my Band Dawg was Tri Colored, mostly black but he had white blaze o chest and the White hairs were noticeable when they shed. Cuz once we got Struddell, it was no longer noticeable from him anymore. :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
i have 4 dogs Chip, 3 cats, 1 cocktail , (who is 20 years old) and a sulcata tortoise. Now the boxer and the bird and 1 cat all belong to one of my daughters. But you know how it goes if they all live in your house you tend to do things for them. LOL One cat also belongs technically to my other daughter, who also lives at home.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ours shed all year- worse in the spring/summer with the heat.
We see it daily when we wear our 'dog glitter' (their hair) LOL.

We mostly notice it when we wash the various blankets we all use (couch and bed). There have been times I've joked with my husband that I've found our 4th dog in the dryer filter....they shed more than you'd think, but not nearly as much as many longer haired/ thicker coated breeds.

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
Light shedding is pretty normal but excessive daily shedding is not. I would look at what food you are feeding and consider adding in a quality omega 3 oil with vitamin E.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ours shed all year- worse in the spring/summer with the heat.
We see it daily when we wear our 'dog glitter' (their hair) LOL.

We mostly notice it when we wash the various blankets we all use (couch and bed). There have been times I've joked with my husband that I've found our 4th dog in the dryer filter....they shed more than you'd think, but not nearly as much as many longer haired/ thicker coated breeds.

That's funny I wash her blankets and and recliner blankets in the dryer filter
it is full of the dog hair

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts