Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just wondering what kind of shampoo you all use on your dog who has allergies?  I still use the puppy shampoo because I am afraid she will have a rxn?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Earthbath Oatmeal Shampoo I use

But I am going to start to use Paul Mitchel Pet Products

www.jppet.com

They have a Tea Tree Shampoo as well as an Oatmeal One.  

**However you dont want to bathe too often - strips the essential oils in the skin and over-bathing can actually cause more flare ups!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Oh yes JB Pet is great - wodnerful prices - JP Pet is John Paul (Mitchel) pet products  :wink:

I would only bathe when necessary.  In the inbetween times use some wipes.   I literally give my kids baths like 4 times a year.   Also do you use fish oils added to foods?  Using fish oils to their meals can help restore oils in their coats, boost immue systems and help with any dry skin issues.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Well if you have salmon oil or sardines they are great for the skin and the coat.  Also an immune system booster too.   I add into their meals - dogs love them.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Add some sardines to her food, mine love it  :) The baby wipes are realy good for cleaning them off as well...The cold weather does tend to make them have dry skin, I really notice it with Angel....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts