Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! Out of boredom I decided to make this thread in hopes I get lots of good stores or photos. I have a boy named Jax right now that I'll share a photo of but I'll share a story of jackson. And yes I named jax after jackson. Anyway it's short and to some you may find unexciting but it's what I got! I was looking for a boxer puppy and couldnt find one anywhere. I came across a 1 and a half year old boy named jackson so I thought what the hay I'll go check him out and yep you guessed it I fell in love and so did he. He was literally my best friend for years and I didnt go anywhere without him. I mean anywhere. At the time I was unemployed and just graduated high school so I didnt go anywhere I couldnt take him either. We went to the drive in movies together. Lol. I mean when I say he never left my side I mean that literally. He passed away about 11 years later and i went quite a few years without a dog at all. I just couldnt get over him. I felt like if I got another dog I would be trying to replace him. I know that's stupid but it's how I felt. Now I'm an older man with two kids and a wife and a full time job but I decided to get Jax and I'm glad I did. Hes my buddy and I know I cant take him everywhere like jackson as the hospital would take kindly to that but hes glued to me when I'm home and my wife and kids adore him. Sorry for the lack of punctuation here I'm just to lazy to add anything but a period. Lol. Hope you guys got a few minutes of entertainment here. Have a good one and share your own! The pic below is jax.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pure love of your dog! I always like hearing about people connecting with these amazing dogs. I am totally devoted to my dogs I haven’t even been on a vacation in so many years now I don’t remember. I don’t like being away from my dogs at all always can’t wait to get back to them. The best part of my day is our walks thru the fields every morning we just enjoy the peace and quiet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My boy Charlie is 9 years old. He is very clingy and definitely a mama’s boy. He was the runt of the litter and my first Boxer. Hands down the BEST dog I have ever had. Still super spunky in his old age, although he is getting tumors. Had a great bill of health last year, but just recently age is catching up, arthritis, he has a tumor in his nose now and under his skin in a few places, gum tumors with stinky breath. Sometimes he breathes fast for no reason, probably some heart issues, I know time is going to be short now and their health issues can come on really fast. Just enjoying whatever time we have left with him. He’s my best friend and I get sad knowing 9 is usually the magic number with Boxers. Sucks we only get them for a brief moment and have to say goodbye, but he knows he is well loved.
Water Cloud Vertebrate Hat Sky

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Tree

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Charlie looks like a much lived and sweet boy! Just curious though you said he is clingy, breaths hard sometimes just was wondering is he on pain management for his arthritis pain? I have used adequan injections at the Vet they can really help with this you may want to check it out. My friends 9 yr old Boxer was having arthritis issues and she got the injections has improved her discomfort. She is still clingy though I think as they age they just want to be nearest to the ones they love most sometimes they dont see as well as they used to or dealing with pain they are no different than aging humans. Enjoy every minute you have with your boy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts