Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted all of the information about white boxers from the sticky.

this guy is selling boxer puppies and had a white one.  He said is was "rare" and was charing a lot more money for it.

I told him it was far from rare and shared the information.  I was proud of myself, but he didn't seem to like it.  I told him I was just trying to help   :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is wonderful that you did that, sadly to say if they are in it for the money then it would make them very unhappy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Earlier today I read a thread about someone looking at puppies and there were 3 left, I think he mentioned the white was half price....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good for you! If he was a true boxer lover and not a money lover, I bet he would have been more thankful for the info. I came a cross a lady who bought a white boxer from someone who sold her the boxer at much cheaper price than the rest of the litter, but come to find out the momma dog that whelped her was white too. She said they took a chance becasue they wanted to make some money off the fawn pups. Some people. :roll:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Bingasmom if you'd like to share more info here's someone that needs a clue, I found this today....  UGH!!!!!!

Oops didn't realize who started the thread....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you  :)   I am usually weird about confrantation, but it just ate me up to read it.  I always look at this site (local classifieds) at the dogs.  Not sure why because I am not going to get one...   just being nosey I guess   :p

This is what his ad said:

Litter of 7 Boxer Pups, we have sold 4 and have 3 left. 1 male & 2 Females. Born 3/9/08. They are current on there shots & are in excellent health. They have there tails & declaws removed. Dad & Mom onsite, sorry no papers! Our Male is very rare, he is a SOLID white boxer no markings but on his nose. We are asking $600 for him and $450 for the Females. Please contact us at phone # provided with any questions or if you would like to see additional pictures (Contact Us Only If Your Interested)

He emailed me back and told me not to contact him if I wasn't interested.  Oh well.  I told him that I was just trying to help  

His pups are REALLY cute too, so someone will buy into it   :(

·
Registered
421 Posts
I agree, I would love a white boxer for sure, but it is taking advantage of people that I take issue with. And the post about the 19 month old white girl wanting to breed, that's wrong on a couple of different levels. Ughhh.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Good for you Kelli. Unfortunately those that most need the education refuse to accept it...about humans or canines.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Rare is only a marketing technique IMO.   25 % of the boxer are white.   More common now since a majory of boxers being bred are flashy.   One thing that I do respect and admire in breeders placing white is that they are less than colored.   Most likely the price to cover vet bills or just placed to homes that just have to pay s/n.     Also pups besided white IMO should not be on a price scale accoring to color or sex.   Only time price should differ again IMO is on pet pup and show pup.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Good for you Kelli, all you can do is put the info out there whether he chooses to use it or not is on him. :wink:
Rebecca, I read an interesting article which mentioned, in part, that the breeding of white boxers has further complications. Because the gene linked to deafness associated with whites is recessive it's possible for a hearing white bred to a plain or flashy has then increased to the potential for plain or flashy deafness in the pups!!!! Took me a bit to absorb the long term consequences of such breeding. For any interested I'll try to post the link.http://www.cinemaboxers.com/whites.htm

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well done! Oh yea, no surprise that he got a bit ticked off, but you know, you have to try :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just wanted to add that I think white boxers are a sight to see.  Before this forum I didn't get to see that many and I think they are just beautiful.  I told my husband that one day i would like us to get one.  

our next boxer will be a rescue so hopefully a white one, but I will take the one I am meant to have when the time comes.

When we get a house with a nice fenced in yard I better watch out or I will end up with more dogs than I can handle!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
bingasmom\";p=\"126669 said:
Thank you  :)   I am usually weird about confrantation, but it just ate me up to read it.  I always look at this site (local classifieds) at the dogs.  Not sure why because I am not going to get one...   just being nosey I guess   :p
thats me :)... i always look at classifieds

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Maybe your overlooking another good selling point, no papers.  I would agree that selling whites for more money is wrong.  But this guy has no papers on any of the dogs, I'm sure no health tests were done, and these dogs could have come from anywhere.  I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for any of those dogs!  I'm weird like that though, maybe that's why I've never went the adoption route.  I don't feel I should be charged alot of money to adopt a dog.  You should charge a minimal fee (if any) and place as many dogs back into loving homes.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Remember that adoption fees usually go to keep the lights on in the shelters and pay for spay/neuter, shots, and other veterinary care not just for the lucky pup you bring home but all the less fortunate pups that need help, some need more than others.  Plus a lot of the folks that work full time at the shelter need to earn some sort of living to be able to work the hours they do.  Odds are you still "pay" less money then you would to any breeder, backyard or respectable.  If its a rescue group full of volunteers the volunteers and fosters have a lot of expenses.  Vet bills, food, transportation, etc.  many people volunteer tons of time but $$ is still needed to help the pups and support them until they can be adopted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts