Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zulu keeps getting these things inbetween his toes that look like blisters, they are usualy in different places but this is about the 5th time hes got them, usually one only at a time and they go away within about 5-6 days. :?

We walk about hour and a half of road walking a day and then hour and half of field walks on wkends, which we have done for a couple of years now, he is walking fine on his paws but they look sore, ive wiped with an anteseptic wipe, and i only took him out for 25 mins earlier today incase it got sore for him :(

Has anyone else had this? And if so what should i put on it or shall i just keep it clean till it goes away. 8O

PS - ive checked under and arond the blistery thing and cant see anything abnormal, and they feel a little squidgy :roll:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
My pit bull was allergic to something in the grass (wooded area) and he got sores between his toes.  The vet didn't offer any medication just suggested that it may be seasonal and they would go away after awhile.  He didn't lick and it didn't seem to bother him too much; eventually it went away.   Not sure if it was the same but I just avoided the area where we thought he got them.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote="Barbs2Ks\";p=\"128116":1r3ccmri]My pit bull was allergic to something in the grass (wooded area) and he got sores between his toes.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Is it only between the toes or is it more on the bottom of the foot near being between the bottom of the toe and the pad on the foot?

The answer is yes they can get blisters...can even be from heat such as walking on a hot sidewalk or hot road.....It can also be an allergy and can also be a splinter of some sort that pokes the foot but does not stay lodged inside of it....

For the heat I would say walk early, very late or get those little booties....allergy....wash feet off good when you come home from your walk with anti-bac soap and watch for sticky things in wooded and grass areas.....

You can use Neosporin, but should not need more then that!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Also ment to say that they can get something called an interdigital cyst that came come and go....I will try to find a pic for you to compare...

Here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8O wow that pic looked sore. Doesnt look too much like that, its only between the top part of the toe and its just a bump with a little tiny bit on the top that looks like a small rub mark? :?

We do do alot of road walking so it might be that, usually do it later in the afternoon but i guess the road could still be hot :( .

Maybe i should get him some boots to walk in and see if that gets rid of the problem, can you recommend a brand :D  

Thanks again Sharon for your help, your a life saver and put my crazy mind to rest :D  :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts