Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

She ate the whole thing!!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mastray 
#1 ·
I just talked to my dad and he informed me that Nita ate a whole rotissorie chicken...bones and all :crazyeye: .  Apparently my brothers friend came over and left it sitting on the counter and she nabbed it.  This was 3 days ago.  I guess after it happened she was vomiting the chicken up.  From what I hear she is doing ok now.

:?: If she is ok now is she out of the woods of any problems from eating the bones?  Ghhhh!  I can't wait till she is here, then I know she will be safe.  This isn't he first time this has happened.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone.  I have been trying to get a hold of my brother to see how she is doing.  From what my dad says, she seems to be going ok.  This is not her first run in with bad stuff.  She has eaten all the bones from buffalo wings from pizza hut out of the trash, one of those huge hersheys kisses as well as numerous garbage raids.  I'm suprised she hasn't had problems before.  I am going to keep trying to get a hold of my bro.

#7 ·
Well I got a hold of my brother tonight to see how Nita is doing.  Apparently she was still vomiting and had some diarrhea this morning but this afternoon was back to her old self.

I am so angry with him right now.  ~X(   He should have had her at the vet before today if that was continuing.  He said there was not any blood in the vomit or diarrhea and she is eating fine.  I am hoping its just that the chicken just upset her system and she just has a bad tummy ache.  I don't know when I am going to get her but as soon as I do we are going right to the vet for a check up and a pre-dental check up.  Ghhhhhhh!  How can he be so irrisponsible!

Thanks for letting me rant a bit.  If I lived closer to him I would have taken her to the vet myself.

#8 ·
Wow... I'm sure you're stressed. Hopefully she is okay... that's what we're all wanting of course. I don't do it know but when I was going up my dad gave the dogs chicken bones all the time... never turkey just chicken. One lived to be 13 yrs old and the other is still alive and will be 13 in August (Nikki). Maybe cuz' they're small dogs? I don't know. Hopefully she will be fine! Keep us posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.