Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxer Binga does NOT like any treats!  I have tried several different kinds and she just sniffs them.  She will maybe eventually eat it, but only because it is there.  

When I still lived at home with my parents I had a weenie dog (who stayed with my mom because my mom was very attached to her) and she will eat the treat pretty much whole!   :roll:

Any advice on a good brand or type of treat?!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Treats can be anything.  From cut up peices of cheese, to store bought treats like Zukes Naturals, to carrot sticks and even their own kibble.

I would think of what kind of foods she likes.  If she does not like hard bone type treats then go to soft treats.  If she is not digging the soft, then try some other hard ones likes freeze dried liver etc.

Tons out there, and you can even make you own - I used for potty treats fat free turkey hot dogs cut up in little bits or boiled chicken cut up.   Good Luck!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jetta didn't really like treats for a month after I got her...that would have put her around 10 weeks old...she eventually realized they were a good thing after she saw my mom's dogs going crazy for them

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fredo was like that at first too, but trust me they realize what it is after a while and they love it...Oh and also a good thing I found for puppy treats.....CHERIOS! They're cheap and good for training b/c they're so small.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips!  I have thought about one of those Kong toys with the PB.  

Cheerios is a good one!  I will give some of them a try!   :p

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have never had a problem with any of mine not liking treats, just the opposite actually :lol: Be creative, cut up an apple, a banana, put a bit of Peanut Butter in the pieces also...I bake a lot of my own treats...(recipes for the boxer belly section) I keep a lot in the Freezer then pull out a few as needed.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts