Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoie sheds ALL the time. Her being white makes it impossible to hide...Anyway, is there some kind of food to give her to help her with this. She eats dry food mixed with wet now. Thanks..

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie is an extreme shedder also...

I dont know if its food cause jessie eats canidae, and that is one of the best foods around.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I have heard alot about that food. Where do you buy it from..Is it real expenive....Do you mix it...So sorry for all the questions... :oops:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Leanne\";p=\"3695 said:
Thanks...I have heard alot about that food. Where do you buy it from..Is it real expenive....Do you mix it...So sorry for all the questions... :oops:
np... its sold at my local pet store, but go to canidae.com and find the nearest store to you that sells it...

ots 24.99 for a 30lb bag...   i mix it with something different everyday yogart, peanut butter, pieces of bread, or sometimes nothing at all...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the site. I found a store close by. Im going to go tonight and get a little bag and see how it goes. Zoie is overweight so I need to get her off the fatty wet foods. Is there a list of other fruits, veggies ect. some where on the boards that I can feed her...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can do's
All w/o seeds:  Oranges, tangelos, bananas, clementines (peeled), apples, pears (not peeled), carrots

Don'ts
chocolate, grapes, raisins, soy, wheat, corn, fats/grease that humans would eat, onions of any kind.

I'm sure there are more out there but this is the basic guidelines I go by.

Anyone else out there have some?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
good luck...  its also an all stages food... jessies been eating it since about a week after we brought her home... after we found out science diet is not the best food...

ive been thinking about going raw, but i dont know if i can just yet...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whites do shed a lot.  The best way to keep the shedding under control is bathing.  It loosens the loose hairs and takes them away.  Our girl gets bathed about every 6-8 weeks in a very mild shampoo from the vet.  This was a tip from the vet and it does work.  With her being white she needs bathed frequently! Fortunately she dries very fast unlike our red/white girl who takes hours to dry.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Veggies to feed, green beans, carrots among others.. I stay away from brocoli as it gives mine gas... :( Yogurt is good also if they don't have a problem with dairy.. I fill a kong with yogurt, peanut butter and  banana for mine....

Try to get her off the wet food...stick with the dry, just mix a bit of yogurt with it, or a wee bit of water or low sodium broth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts