Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so, I did a search first and I now know what more I want to do to help the boogers with their shedding...(or rather, help US with the boogers shedding!)

NOW, I just wanna hear from all of you...tell me the truth...do you have DOG hair all over your home?  8O Have you just accepted it?  :roll: For those of you who let them on the couch...have you really found anything that get's the hair off(during your moments of denial when you actually TRY to get it off!LOL!) :lol:

It's VERY obvious that we are having MORE shedding thanks to Winters end and Springs beginnings...however, we had some BEFORE...I'm going to add the "two raw eggs a week" to their diet and watch...I just wanna hear that I am NOT THE ONLY ONE who has dog hair EVERYWHERE...at least some of the time! :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I can make a new dog every week with all of the hair that I pick up after Jessie...

Im covered in it all the time!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JessiesMom\";p=\"94422 said:
I can make a new dog every week with all of the hair that I pick up after Jessie...

Im covered in it all the time!
Thank you! :) I appreciate your candor!LOL! I was feeling very alone!LOL! ;)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
every time I wear a white shirt and pick up Maple I end up with sprinkles of puppy hairs on it lol, and the backseat in our car (where she rides) is covered in her hairs too.  the only thing we've used to remove it is a lint roller, i think it works ok.... (honestly the husband was the one cleaning last time so not sure of the outcome)  and we have the glove that you are suppose to brush them with to get the loose hairs out it really doesn't seem like it changes anything.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
When I wear black I have those red hairs poking out of the sleeves and I am vacuuming 4 times a week.  I keep something on the couch but I am sure those hairs have creeped into the couch anyway.  I just tried to vacuum the car yesterday, when I drove today, I certainly didn't get all of those pesky hairs.  You are not alone.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
the problem is they are so fine, they weave themselves into the fabric... its not just that you have hair on you, its IN YOU!!! LOL!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Bubbaboy\";p=\"94438 said:
Luther does no shed much at all.... no joke...
HEY!!!! DONT RUB IT IN OK!!!! YOU AND YOUR NON SHEDDING DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
we just got new furniture (microfiber) and our vacuum does pretty well.  we also use slip covers and wash them every other day.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
we have leather couches, so woot! for that. But my goodness all the hair that gathers in the corners every single day is insane! I vacuum every day, and make sure I get along all the walls...but the next morning I always spot more furballs.

Drives me nuts!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie always shed this much, no matter what we fed, or what season it is.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My mom has that for her labs. It takes out so much fur it's crazy. but I think they still find the same ammount of fur on the floors.

·
Registered
482 Posts
[quote="Bubbaboy\";p=\"94461":30yqg4oo]Look at this link.

·
Registered
648 Posts
lol I think all dogs shed a bit. In the morning. I see britneys hair at the bottom of her crate from scraching or something. As far as furniture she doesn't get on it and we have no carpet in the house so it is pretty easy to deal with. My wife is on it daily! She will change her bed every day with new slip cover for her mattress.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW...thank you all for sharing! I really did just need to know it wasn't only ME!LOL! (I mean, I knew it...but, I needed to KNOW it!LOL!)

We do use the Furminator...may have to try the Kong thing...of course, we have THREE dogs and it is VERY dry here...and we just started warming up...which always starts it up and makes it worse...but, Mic has always shed SO much it was ridiculous to even try to fight it...

We do use slip covers in the couch and change them often...and we have been keeping the three of them contained in the cart(LARGE VAN< LARGE WIRE CRATE!) so, that helps some...I wash their bedding quite often...I think the fact that two of them are White makes it that much more obvious!LOL!  We just started the egg thing tonight and I am hoping for improvements there, as well!  Sometimes it just seems like SO MUCH!

:) Thanks again for sharing!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bubbaboy\";p=\"94457 said:
could it be diet?
Some of it is diet...some of it is the dog...some of it is age! Ours didn't always shed like this...in fact, at first, they didn't shed at all!  Then they blew their puppy coats and things started changing...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts