Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a few weeks ago with the subject of "Think I'm ready for another" and..... ready or not, she's here! I picked up this little sweetie this morning and my heart is already bursting with love. The fun begins: whining in the crate, accidents in the house, chewing furniture, and all the good stuff that makes it all worthwhile!

Attachments

Super Moderator
Congrats on your newest family member 馃グ what breed/s was her parents? I am totally preparing myself for the puppy cries again. It鈥檚 been years since I had to crate train a puppy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your newest family member 馃グ what breed/s was her parents? I am totally preparing myself for the puppy cries again. It鈥檚 been years since I had to crate train a puppy.
The boxer rescue told me they also rescued the parents, both boxers, but one can never really be sure.
Sue

Registered
My experience with rescues in our area is that they usually call pit bulls Boxers so people will more readily adopt them. I have seen so many so called "boxers" on rescue sites it unbelievable sometimes they will say it just because there is white on the face and legs so in my experience you can't go by that. Just enjoy her and let her be a light in your life whatever she is!

Registered
LOL ... White on the face and legs, let them be a "Brindle," and people will argue with you that your dog is not a Boxer/Pit it's a "Boxer!" And when they interact with them (if they have had a Boxer) it's all over? It does not matter what you say they tend to say ... it's just like my Boxer was! Sigh, whatever I like to be "accurate," my girl is a "Boxer/Pit."

I have no issues with that (exactly) cept I'd rather she had been a "Boy." I'm still not letting that go ... apprently?

In anycase and back on pointe, how it is going? I know it has only been a day or two but what do the boys think of her?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Chip.
I will have a DNA test done on her but I'm not sure how accurate those are. But just for kicks, I'll have it done - I've done one on all my dogs. I keep staring at the new girl (Penny) and keep trying to analyze if I see anything in her other than boxer but I don't even know why - she's mine and I adore her and she's not going anywhere so it doesn't matter, but for some reason, it kind of DOES matter to me? This was just such a big thing for me, to finally open my heart to another boxer after having it broken so badly over losing my heart boxer 5 years ago so I really wanted to honor his memory with another boxer. But I sense he approves, whatever she is.

The "boys" have been WONDERFUL with her - I am so relieved and thrilled! I don't know if it's because we did such a proper introduction, or because she's a puppy, or because she's a female, but I have no fear whatsoever of them intentionally hurting her. Usually I have an eagle eye on newcomers for months but I can actually relax a tiny bit if she is out of my sight for a minute. And today, the 40 pound male who is part pug and very alpha and stubborn actually played with her and rolled over to be submissive to her! I am glad I caught it on video because I never would have believed it.
I think this pup had two boxer parents, but it may have been poor breeding lines or maybe she's more of an American boxer than an English boxer, but she's wonderful and beautiful whatever she is. Smart as a whip,and so sweet.
Sue

Registered
I had posted a few weeks ago with the subject of "Think I'm ready for another" and..... ready or not, she's here! I picked up this little sweetie this morning and my heart is already bursting with love. The fun begins: whining in the crate, accidents in the house, chewing furniture, and all the good stuff that makes it all worthwhile!
She is absolutely beautiful!馃挄

Registered
Congrats on you new, sweet little girl 馃

Reactions: SueAndHerZoo

Registered
Well she is your now and you luv her and your first girl, I think? And that is all that really matters. :)

And the Pug /Akita and something else mix? Was the only one I had wondered about maybe? The Saint Bernard and Dane mix? While kind of odd? I would not expect issues with him? But Akita's ... I know a little about?

Japanese Akita's, where they came from are one thing, but American Line Akita's/Dog's can be quite another? If you dig into "Akita's," you'll find what I mean.

Most of the time when, American's decide that they can do it better ...
Modding a Breed and create there own version? With "Working Dog's," anyway, "American's," tend to screw them up? The Best/Worst example is the American Line GSD, "German Shepard Dog."

And you don't kneed to know anything about GSD, to see that you won't see them on Patrol as LE K9's around country? They are big, long fur and red and black, And that is about it? They suck as Working Dog's (LE) so they can't do that job? They lost the easy, striding lopping gait. But they kept the "Aggression," and lost the ability for one to easily manage it (if you know what you are doing) if your into the GSD thing, no one has good to say about them.

The "American Line, Boxer. "However was the exception? And yeah "technically," American's (after WWll,) screwed them up also? But those guy's knew there audience and they got the "Breed," right for "America."

The "Boxer," Dog Men, Knew that the "Dog's of War," they were bringing home after WWll, were to much dog for "American's" so they changed them? The "Boxer," became smaller, leaner and grew a longer narrower muzzle then there "Euro Boxer," Boxer counter part and developed "Goofy," as a "Breed" characteristic, kind of odd, but whatever?

The Boxer was in American before WWII, but no one cared? It was only after WWII, that they became a big time hit here. :)

Well I can go on ... but back on point with your girl. And since I was content to say nothing, I would have. But since you seem to have noticed already, I will. :)

It's the shape of the head and muzzle? I would say she is "Boxer Cross?" I started with Boxer/Pits and I lost my Stewie, in well another story. :(

But well I had him I knew that there was "something different," about him? And I still my Band Dawg, 50%, APBT, 25% lab (he luv'd water) and 25% Bull Mastiff. I knew what the something different was not? And Stewie was a 50/50 Boxer/Pit so maybe it was "Boxer?" And that is how I found my Struddell (White Boxer) and yep I was right! The "something different," with Stewie, was the Boxer.

And your Girl is clearly (part Boxer) I would say. And the personality you want, you will see! I have no doubt's on that! But it's the head shape? The "Boxer Head," is not easy to duplicate, apparently?

And (if you want) a DNA s the only way to tell! Otherwise there would be "Black Boxers," among other out there? And that would be fairly easy to do? Just breed a Black, Lab to a Boxer for a few, Generations then Breed, those Boxer/Labs, pup's to Boxers for a few generations and soon enough, you'd have "Black Boxer's!"

Now while that could be done? It's not gonna work because the AKC know's that Boxer's, do not have the Black Gene! So if you wanted to register such a pup, you'd have to have a "DNA," test!

Nothing "necessarily," wrong with the dog's but "Da Rulz's or the Rulz's?"
And at this point, I can't really say she is a "Boxer Point?" The "Body is right for a Boxer and of course the color is perfect? But I would say "something is off?"

it's the ear's and the shape of the head and muzzle to me? It's to soon for me to say Boxer/Pit? And both of her parent's my very well be Boxer's but if her "Breeders," were not "Pro's?" Somebody else may have gotten to mom? But I don't know? And I am only saying it "because you asked." We have another member on here with a "Brindle Dog," that she say's is a "Boxer," and that dog look's exactly my "Brindle," Boxer/Pit Bella.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts