Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tito is doing brilliantly, he even rang the bell today to go out to wee! He'll sit and give his right or left paw on demand, and he's slowly getting used to the "lie down" command (thanks all for the advice!).
Things are going so well in fact, We are thinging of getting him a friend.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
I got Bo when Jetta was about 3.5 -4 months old...she was pretty much crate/potty trained with the bell...Bo was 9 months old...there was a little regression in Jetta's housebreaking...not sure if it was Bo or a UTI but it has almost resolved itself...

If you go with an older dog...there may be a little dominance aggression at first...this occurred with Jetta and Bo...Bo had to show her who was boss...I would also go with a female dog if Tito is a boy...male/female groups work best...

It will be a little more work on your part...BUT...I found having the two of them..they are less in your face all the time and need you to give them a little less attention...not quite as demanding..I love having my two...and it is well worth it imo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you for the sensible advice.  Hopefully some time in the future we will be able to enjoy another boxer round the house, but having read that and discussed with the other half, we think we will take heed of your advice and wait, it's not like we are in any rush.....  Hopefully not too long though!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As great as it is to have a second Boxer to keep each other entetained, there are considerations & Heather mentioned them..One other is time, time to spend with 2, to attend classes, etc....Buck was about the same age as Hanna when we brought Tia home, but she was 9 mos old, so they were really close in age...It was like having 2 puppies in a way.....Enjoy Tito, get him trained and then start looking for a buddy for him..

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I will have had Kiah almost a year when I rescue again this spring.  I don't think that I could have handled two right away and the male that I will be looking for will hopefully be 2 to 3 years old.  Not too much older than Kiah but not another 8.5 month old puppy like Kiah was  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts