Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure to post this here or in the puppy section but Molly only wants to eat Summers food which is Pedigree large breed which has something in it for the joints. If I set her food down she will go eat it but only until I put Summers food down. After that I have to fight to keep her away from it. Should I just take her off the puppy chow and let her have the pedigree or should I stick to the puppy food for a while longer?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i dont see any problems with switching...boxers dont really need the large breed food. I personally feel an all stages food would work, not sure if Pedigree has one though.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
It all depends on the protein amount.  The little one should not be comsuming a kibble with IMO over 26% protein.   Many of the foods have all life  stages which all different ages consume just one kibble.  Puppy, Large Breed, small breed ,senior and weight mgmt are (IMO) mostly marketing gimmicks.   You just really need to pay attention to the % levels as well as the ingredients.  

I would let them learn to eat out of their own bowls.   I had to use a baby gate (kash in the hall, Hanna in the kitchen) so that they know what is their food.  Also help when monitoring the intake levels.  If you let them feed out of each others bowls, its hard to tell if the little one is getting more food (in which she should at the younger age) and not vice versa.   Its set IMO good boundries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts