Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't shown in about 6 years when I was stationed in England. I have had a few moves and all of my show leads have been lost. It was alilttle easier over there to find these at pet stores and such but I have found it rather difficult here. Is there a website someone recommends checking out that would be awesome. Thanks in advance for the help and info.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Aw, well I'd have not know what a show lead was?? But as it happened I "needed one! I had my regular SLL, for uh "Real Dog's." But my client's dog, I was working with was a Chi-Pom. About what 8 pound's of pure cuteness! :)
Awesome dog but a regular British SLL, was just a really bad fit for her ... just to much mass for a dog that small with that leash??

But ... our local "Feed and Grain Store," also carries a ton of Dog and Cat stuff. And they had what I am pretty sure is a "Show lead??" It was pretty thin and light and it was perfect for my little 8 pound charge! So if you happen to have some "Feed and Grain Stores," where you are that might be where to look??

·
Registered
3,907 Posts

Its been a long time since I showed any dog but I use to like rescue brands. I do see Amazon carries a few too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mate, just a string with a slipknot not special at all. The judge will not notice what your using, they will notice your show side of your dog.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Mate, just a string with a slipknot not special at all. The judge will not notice what your using, they will notice your show side of your dog.
A string ... LOL ... I guess we really don't have a "Show Dog Forum," on here?? So I have no idea what you guy's do and know???

I have seen the Show Dog's, on TV ... and they are all "pretty amazing!" course I always go for the "Working Dog's," and in the "Terrier Group," the Staffordshire Terrier cuz you know they aren't, APBT's. :)

But I am gonna guess, all the "Show dog's," can walk off leash??? If that is the case then sure a string is no big deal! Not really my world. But ... I have heard of the "string thing," with the KMODT (Koehler Method Of Dog Training.) and at a certain point they do use a "String!" :)

My GSD could have done that and I'm pretty sure my (Struddell White Boxer) ...cuz my "GSD," did not a leash anyway. But my current girl ... a Pit/Boxer mix ... sigh not a chance!

But I know nothing of "Show Dog Stuff," anyway and I am on the record as saying ... any "KACO," Female Boxer is gonna win ... if I were a judge! They are just so "Cute," they all look like Winner's to me! But fortunately??? I'm not a judge. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,040 Posts
I found the best place to find nice show leads is through Facebook dog group in your area. Your local kennel club group should be able to give you a few referrals.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Chip, just a exaggeration with the "string". there are plenty of show leads some real fancy custom ones too. normally not more that a 1/4 inch in diameter.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Chip, just a exaggeration with the "string". there are plenty of show leads some real fancy custom ones too. normally not more that a 1/4 inch in diameter.
I gotcha. :)

But at it happen's the string, is a "Real Thing." KMODT (Kholer Method Of Dog Training.) You start with a 15 ft leash, then go to a 6 foot leash, then go to a "String," and then to "Nothing."

And if done (correctly) you have a fully off leash, obedience, trained dog in 10 to 14 week's! That's the theory anyway?? But sigh ... it did not work with my (interpretation) of how it's suppose to be done??

So no off leash, Open Desert, Bunny chasing for Bella (Boxer/Pit) unlike my Struddell ... Bella does seem to double down on Pigged and Stubborn. Working on it ... still. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts