Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Henry to get weighed yesterday and he lost weight!
The last time we weighed was about 5 or 6 weeks ago and he was 58 pounds.  Now he's only 54 pounds!
We've switched his food; could that have something to do with it?
Should I feed him more?  He has been acting more hungry lately.
He's supposed to be growing, not shrinking! :lol:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
They can actually go a few pounds one way or the other while growing (spurts).  And also like us humans it depends on when they have it checked (am, pm, after eating, before, before or after using the bathroom).  You know you always weight more in the afternoon then you do in the mornings  :lol:  

Fiona went down 3 pounds for about 2 weeks and then went up 4....I would stick with your normal feeding pattern as long as its a good food....You know they tend to lose a little over the heat of the summer and start acting like they are starving when there is a cold air snap....I would suggest staying with what you are doing and rechecking his weight in about 2 weeks.....

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.
But this is SE Texas, there is no such thing as a cold snap! :lol:   It got up to 93 yesterday and it's 93 now and HUMID! :lol:
We weighed at 8 am, after breakfast and taking Kenny to school.  I'll check again in a couple of weeks.
Thanks! :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts