Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to copy and paste a short exchange from another thread to save myself some time here.......

"Hanna will only potty in her own yard,..."

OMG!  Atticus is the same way!!!  We took him with us to Aspen the weekend before Christmas.  We were gone from early Sunday morning till late Monday afternoon.  He finally, VERY reluctantly (after four thirty minute trips out and much coaxing) peed at around 2:00 a.m. monday morning, but no poop at all.  
All during the drive home, he was acting very restless, which concerned me because he typically dozes in the car pretty peacefully.  When we finally got home late Monday afternoon, he dove out of the car and had the most explosive bout of liquid diarrhea I've ever seen from a body that small(ish).  lol Our lovely, pristine "White Christmas" front yard suddenly looked like something out of The Exorcist.  

I'm going to start a new thread, because this is really becoming a problem!  He simply hates to relieve himself anywhere but home.

So, does anyone have any pointers to cure our dog of his reluctance to relieve himself anywhere but at home?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well one method I used when trying to potty train Britney in different areas was to let her pee on a newspaper and then I drag that to another place so she would know her own smell. You may try this and see if it helps. Once she starts peeing in different places she may feel more comfortable. It must have something to do with the scent aspect of her association.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts