Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess i should have just made ONE post with questions.  sorry about that!

Also, our guy seems to be really shy and a big baby with other people.  He only wants to play with Morgan and I and runs in the crate when others want to play with him.  I also know that shyness can turn into aggression and I DO NOT want that, obviously.

I feel like this may be our fault - are we babying him too much?  We plan on exposing him to a lot of people, so I want him to be well socialized.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you read any of my posts you'll know i'm not the best person for advice on this subject! But lots of people replied and reassured me so have a read of what they have to say. And it's not such a bad thing that Beckham is wary of strangers - he has every right to be! Voltaire doesn't like being stroked and it's him who decides to make friends. Usually with the people who show the most inclination to play. Then he goes over himself and climbs on peoples knees like a big 35kilo baby for cuddles! (see photos in album if you don't believe me!)

·
Registered
977 Posts
In france you have to choose a name with the letter of the alphabet that corresponds to the year they're born (for pedigrees). 2004 was V. I wanted to call him Atilla! Not sure if X Y & Z are missed out (obviously not easy to find names!) which means 2007 is B! I'm afraid Voltaire gets called "Titou" a lot but thanks for liking the name! I would've quite liked Vador (as in Darth) too. Beckham's very cool - are you a football fan (as in the english variety - i'm english).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Atilla is a great name, too !

We do love football AND David Beckham, but mainly we just thought it would be a great name for a boxer.

Morgan and I are first time parents, so watching his personality unfold is so fascinating.  Apparently people came in to her office today and tried to play with him, and he just played with them from inside his kennel and barked in protest when they took his Nylabone!  I just want to make sure he's not afraid of people.  Although I thought I did hear somewhere that boxers are wary of strangers?

·
Registered
977 Posts
All these new faces are going to take some getting used to, i think because you're first time parents you're anxious. But that sounds like 100% normal behaviour to me. And you don't want him being too familiar with people - someone might sneak him in a handbag and whisk him away! He's right to watch his back! I had Voltaire at 3 months so never got to see him so tiny. Beckham's gorgeous!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts