Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
 I have a 4 month old girl named Pera.  Ever since I've had her, she has had soft stools and diarehha.  Just in the past week she has been throwing up in the evenings. :(   Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what would help her stool and her digestive system.  Thanks

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi Pera and welcome to the forum.  I would make sure and have a vet check her stool for any kind of parasite and if that is negative and the vet finds no other problem, then I would look at the food she is eating or the things she might be getting into.  If it is a food allergy, then an elimination diet might be in order.  Stop feeding her dog food and give her boiled chicken and rice or hamburger and rice until the diarreah subsides, and then slowly add one food at a time to see what's upsetting her insides.  What kind of food are you feeding her?  You can also add 1 t. canned pumpkin (just plain pumpkin not the pie mix) to her food to help firm up the stool.  Good luck and let us know how she does.  She is a little doll baby.  I love her face.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that your baby is not feeling well.

Kate hit the nail on the head with everything she said. Sadie had loose stool when we got her and once she saw the vet (stool sample) it was determined that she had a parasite. They prescribed meds and she was feeling better about a week later. So I would say for sure ontact your vet, they will probably want you to bring in a sample of her stool.   I've also been putting pumpkin in her meals up until last week. Good luck and let us know how she makes out. Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, I agree with the others, check with the vet and if it is not parasites, it may be the food you are feeding.  It took me 4 different foods before I found one Kiah could eat.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello and Welcome!  Pera is a cutie!  Sorry to hear she's not feeling well.  I'd def. go to the vet as everyone has said.  Lola has a very sesative stomach and it was especially bad when she was very little, even a new type of treat would make her sick.  She also had a parasite when we first got her.  Everything can be taken care of with meds and finding what food is best....just takes some time.  Good luck and let us know how she's doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts