Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my little Evy yesterday. As soon as saw her, I saw she had a bunch of ticks, mucus running from her nose and vomiting, as not breathing that normal. I took her to the vet immediately. At that point the vet was concerned of distemper. They gave her antibiotics, IV fluid and Advantix to kill the ticks. I've been giving her 25ml of fluid via shot. But today she is so much better. Most of the ticks are off now, no vomiting or mucus. And she is eating a drinking regular. I went to giver her fluid shot right now because the vet told me to continue even tho she was doing better. Would Pedialyte be the same as the IV fluid because now that she is doing better she won't stay still for her shot and I don't want to hurt her?

I was also told to keep Evy away from my other dog Lucy (3.5 months old with all her shot except for rabies) for another 2 weeks. Anybody's 2 cent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yikes.. yah I'm wondering the same thing? And there are still ticks on the poor thing? Sorry just doesn't sound good,hopefully she finds some relief, sounds like she's in good caring hands. I'm going to assume you rescued her ? . and yes I'd keep this one isolated. Pediaylte can't hurt, also what are you feeding.?

Two young boxer pups at the same time, yikes and females none the less, you're in for some fun, most boxer rescues won't adopt a female into a home with females already, for good reason. Anyways hope she's on the mend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked her up from a friend of a friends family member. I saw her right away and i new she had to be removed from that environment. The vet told me to just feed her wet food right now because she is so little. When she goes to dry food, i feed my dog Orijen Puppy. Evy is doing much better, she is playing and running around but yes she is still isolated from the other puppy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to hear that she's had a rough go. She's certainly lucky to have you now. Hopefully before long you can bring the two together. Fingers crossed it goes well.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
How old is she? Yes, you need to keep her completely quarantined from your other dog. Make sure you constantly wash your hands thoroughly when handling each puppy and personally I would wear different clothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts