Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my stupid question..what is the difference between a fawn and a flashy fawn?  I can't find the answer anywhere.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
This link was taken from Florida boxer rescue and it explains the different colors and has pictures too.
Oh...and it isn't a stupid question at all!

http://www.flbr.org/boxerstandard.html

·
Registered
942 Posts
I've never seen this before..

Even if the dog has a little white on the face, does that make them flashy? I never thought of Milo to be a flashy fawn, he just has a little bit of white on his face.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It doesn't look like Milo is flashy from what I can see in your pic. Usually flashy's will have white on their muzzle, nose, chest, legs, and even wrap around the neck, not to exceed 1/3 of their body. Maddie is considered a flashy, she has the white on her nose, muzzle, collar, chest and legs.  :wink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great link Lisa.  I didn't know about piebald Boxers.  I saw some piebald dachsunds for the first time this year in Key West on the beach.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Huh, so I guess based on that definition, Ring-a-ding-dong is flashy.  I always expected it to also have a minimum percent coverage in addition to where the color is.  Do paws count toward the legs?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
So, Indy is considered a flashy fawn??? I never was sure, because he has SO little white(only a smidge on his nose and the rest is a black mask(and a bit on his chest and toes) I have always found the black mask confusing... :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
MicnIndysMom\";p=\"32094 said:
So, Indy is considered a flashy fawn??? I never was sure, because he has SO little white(only a smidge on his nose and the rest is a black mask(and a bit on his chest and toes) I have always found the black mask confusing... :D
I don't believe so, according to tootsie, your Indy would need more white to be called flashy, so like My Milo, Indy is just a fawn boxer.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ah...guess I need to look at that website...I know Mic has been referred to as a check...(because of the dual brindle patches and the extent of the spots that are spreading and taking the shape of brindle...but, wondered about Indy...thanks for the clarification. ;) I see right there a pic of a fawn like Indy...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts