Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, when we first brought Cosmo home a week ago I had noticing he'd been scratching behind his front legs. We had our 1st vet visit and he said it was natural for puppies to scratch. I took his word. Next few days we noticed he was scratching and biting at his privates area. So today I noticed like some kind of pimple or wart formation and some red scab looking things. Here are the pics:

I just bought some oatmeal puppy shampoo and had plans on giving him a bath today. Should I just skip the bath altogether and take him straight to the Vet?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Never seen something like that, but I am a worry wart, so I'd take it to my vet.   Yes dogs scratch, however sometimes if they are doing it alot, it could be because something is irritating them, an alergy, skin condition or reaction to something.

For me, better safe than sorry, I check all lumps bumps and weird things.  Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Are they pus-filled?  I'm no vet but a quick google search brings up a pretty decent resource with lots of possible causes, everything from poison ivy to a reaction to antibiotics:

SKin Bumps

Either way I would call the vet.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Looks like pus pockets from an insect bite.  Did he have lots of fleas when you got him? Or maybe ant bites?  If you want to try at home you can stick the large bubble with a pin (dipped in alcohol first) and releave the pus then treat all of them with Neosporin or go ahead and go to the vet for antibiotics....Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've got an appointment for the vet tomorrow morning, so we'll see what he says. I just recently cut my grass, could be allergies maybe? He has been on some pretty crummy food, and we're in the process of switching him over to Canidae.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cosmotion\";p=\"42425 said:
We've got an appointment for the vet tomorrow morning, so we'll see what he says. I just recently cut my grass, could be allergies maybe? He has been on some pretty crummy food, and we're in the process of switching him over to Canidae.
After a quick trip to the vet, they said it wasn't anything to be concerned with. Thinks it was a hygiene problem from the breeder and to keep it clean. Told me to rub it down with rubbing alcohol 3 times a day and it should clear up.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Whew, glad to hear that...Better to be safe tho and let the vet have a look

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm so glad to hear it was nothing major. It's scary when they are so young and something goes wrong, they do make us worry don't they  :?  Give Cosmo a hug from me and a big sloppy puppy kiss from Sadie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts