Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Our 7 year old female boxer has some skin problems on the rear leg and she also has a spondylosis problem. I have attached a few photos to display the skin condition to make it more understandable. VETs we have visited so far did not relate this skin problem to the spondylosis that the dog has.

Does anyone have the similar skin condition on their boxer along with an already detected spondylosis?

These two case seem to be different issues but just in case i would still want to ask if someone experienced such conditions with their dogs. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. This marks have developed recently and she has been sleeping or laying doen on her soft sofa for years. I am thinking of some kind of allergy.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Looks like she has been licking and biting. Since she is older I would probably have the vet do a scraping on it to see, or perhaps a dermatologist.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was agree with Lindar51. My first boxer had flank alopecia that early on would come and go with the seasons. He would lick his flanks and eventually the hair did not grow back and the skin grew rough.

He would also chew on his feet but it was actually a yeast issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Licking is not the case as she is not able to reach to that part of her body. Yes, she does lick some other parts due probably to a nerve pain as a vet said. However, the part she licks is fine. Some suggested that it is due to hard surface that she is laying down on, but she has a soft sofa therefore this is not the case either. Another vet a dermatologist did examine the skin and she could not find anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Likely, the hair loss is due to years of lying on the same spot, same position. Spondylosis is arthritis. That would likely cause aches and pains. There is a very small chance that the exact nerve that innervates those areas of hair loss may be affected by a bone spur stemming from the arthritis. But I doubt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts