Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
It does look like a tick! Look and see if it has legs on it’s sides. You may want to have a vet check this if it is a tick and it’s been on there over 24 hrs it could have passed some dangerous tick disease to your dog. If it’s a skin tag or tumor It should be removed it will only get bigger and could become cancerous. Any skin growth on the face feet and legs should be addressed or checked out as soon as possible!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are awesome.You saved us.Thsnk you very much.Yes..it was tick.We just came back from vet office.It was my first time dealing with tick.Do you think that it can be removed only by vet ?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You guys are awesome.You saved us.Thsnk you very much.Yes..it was tick.We just came back from vet office.It was my first time dealing with tick.Do you think that it can be removed only by vet ?
I've never had a tick on my dog, I know you can remove them, you just have to be careful to make sure you get the whole tick out, They kind of imbed their heads in the skin and you want to make sure it all comes out. I'm sure some other members have removed ticks off their dogs and can give you helpful advice. (y)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You just have to be careful you can pull a tick yourself it’s best to remove them quickly the longer they stay attached the more it’s possible for the tick to pass tick bourne disease like erlichia and Lyme disease both very serious for dogs it’s a good idea when the dog comes in from outside you can rub a towel quickly over them or soft brush will dislodge any ticks that haven’t attached. I use Frontline topical once a month during flea and tick season and Wondracide non toxic flea and tick spray I just mist thier legs bellies with that ticks start on the legs usually then crawl up to a higher point on the dog to attach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts