Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it's normal for a boxers behavior and sleep patterns to change based on weather?

Gypsy is now 7 1/2 months and I am finally noticing certain behavior patterns. When it is snowing, raining, to cold or to hot she doesn't want to do anything except sleep. So in other words, unless it is what I like to call "happy 25°c/ 77°f " she is very lazy.

Not sure if this is normal or not. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I was just wondering if it's normal for a boxers behavior and sleep patterns to change based on weather?

Gypsy is now 7 1/2 months and I am finally noticing certain behavior patterns. When it is snowing, raining, to cold or to hot she doesn't want to do anything except sleep. So in other words, unless it is what I like to call "happy 25°c/ 77°f " she is very lazy.

Not sure if this is normal or not. Any thoughts?
Zuke loves, absolutely loves the snow and cold. Loves Fall, but as soon as the temperature hits 80, he does his normal exercise(2 bike rides & 1 structured walk) but the rest of the day is laying around. I know they say you have to watch boxers at low and high ends of the thermometer, but he only seems affected by the higher end.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Our boxer is lazy, its hot here and he isn't too interested in running around much. Now he does run back and forth for maybe 10-15 minutes with his ball in the back yard then he is thru. He may do this twice a day. When it is cooler he is more active. Yesterday he wanted to run so bad but we really didn't let him it was like 98 degrees F. He's active but in short spurts, LOL. Kinda like us.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Heat

Same here for Fritz.if it is hot he goes out to potty,but can beat me back in if I am doing something in yard.he waits for me by back door as if to say what took you so long .when it is cool out he makes laps around the garage.it is so hot now that he looks out back door to see what is going on before he decides if it is worth going out.🐶🐕🐾

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's nice to know she's not the only one and hopefully as she grows she won't hate the snow or rain as much.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's nice to know she's not the only one and hopefully as she grows she won't hate the snow or rain as much.
Haven't seen Talos in cold/snow yet but boy does he HATE the rain. He even hates the dew on the grass in the morning. He'll literally go to the yard and stand with his front paws in the grass and the back on the sidewalk to pee to avoid walking all 4 paws on the wet grass.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Haven't seen Talos in cold/snow yet but boy does he HATE the rain. He even hates the dew on the grass in the morning. He'll literally go to the yard and stand with his front paws in the grass and the back on the sidewalk to pee to avoid walking all 4 paws on the wet grass.
LOL I've not seen that exactly but ... Struddell was not crazy about high winds or rain.

One of our rare rainy days we go outside and she immediately started dancing or trying to dodge rain drops??? It wasn't working for her and she wasn't that happy about it so it was a short walk that day. I then got her a coat and that seemed to help but she wouldn't wear the hat. She put up with a lot of my dressing her up and stuff but the hat things were always a "Bridge too Far!" :(

When I got Rocky ... my GSD the phrase that came to mind was ... "All weather dog!" We'd go for walks in the worst of storms ... winds howling, freezing temps and Rocky never even noticed! No loose dog encounters on those days ... the all weather thing was kinda neat as I'd always had short haired guys. Struddell did not mind the cold much and luv'd playing in the snow. But I'd not keep her out in below freezing weather for very long.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Zuke does that with puddles. Rain doesn't seem to bother him but god forbid we are heading towards a puddle!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts