Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Carter sleeps on the side of my bed on his dog pillow...We went to sleep about 11:30 and around 2 am he started movin around and making noises like he was dreaming so I just let him sleep cause I heard that u shouldnt wake a dog up when he is dreaming. But anyway when I woke up this morning I noticed that he used the bathroom on his bed...He pee'd right where he was sleeping cause his side was wet. Do u know what causes that to happen? Bad dream?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww poor Carter...His bladder is probably not big enough to hold his pee all night. We sometimes still have to take Sadie out at around 2am to pee and she's 16 weeks. How is Carter doing? Can we see some pics!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just wondering why he didnt get up and walk away and pee...He's doing better..The doctor says he does believe it was Parvo...I have to give him meds twice a day...He sleeps alot but the doctor says thats normal cause hes on meds and he dosent have alot of strength cause he was real sick. He does play every once in awhile...Ill have to take some more pics this weekend when I get off work.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Glad to hear that Carter is home and that you are taking such good care of him.  It's not uncommon for my babies to need to go to the bathrooom in the night.  Most of the time they will sleep through, but if they drank water late or didn't take care of business before bed, then they have both been known to get up and ask to go out in the middle of the night.  Like the doctor said, he's still recoverying and he was probably very sleepy and just too tired to move out of his bed.  Hope things get better soon, all I can suggest is that you either withhold water after 8:00 p.m. and make sure he goes out before he goes to sleep for the night.  He's use to being in a hospital kennel and doing what comes natural with people to pick up after him.  Good luck.

·
Registered
663 Posts
How old is Carter?

I know that my sister in law had a puppy that got very sick... He ended up having some trouble with his kidneys and bladder... Don't know if this might be the case with Carter or not.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carter will be 4 months on the 29th of this monthso hes alil bit over 13 weeks

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Well it could be that since he is still a bit weak he just pee'd where he was. It also could have been a one time thing. i would keep a watch on it. if he does start to wake up go ahead and take him out-couldnt hurt :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like Andrea said, if you feel him stirring, I would go ahead and take him out. Better to be safe, right? Hugs to that little guy, he's really had a rough go of it....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Perhaps he got some antibiotic the last weeks?

I know when my adult boxers get antibiotic there have to pee a lot more
than regular.
Even my adult boxers, who are 100% house-trained, would have peed in the house, if I wouldn

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yes!  What Gabriele said!  When Henry was sick, the meds made him pee like crazy.  Like he just had no control.  So take him out often, even in the middle of the night.  After he's off all meds he should be fine.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It's very possible he peed in his sleep.  Oggie did this on his dog bed a couple of times when he was very young.  He'll grow out of it

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree that it could have been a "pee in the sleep and not know" situation or that the med's he has been taking while being kept at the vet clinic in addition to him being on IV fluids may have his bladder and schedule off some.  You have to also keep in mind that since he was kept in a kennel at the vets for several days/24 hours a day he may have also become used to peeing where he sleeps.  A little work on going out more often while on the meds and I think he will work hisself back out of this habit.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts