Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been reading alot on on our boxerforums and i noticed alot of you crate train, so i was wondering how many of you actually sleep with you babys? In the evenings right as we are gettin the bed ready Hailee crawls into our bed and waits for us to lay down, then crawls between my husbands legs and lays there till we finish our nightly talkin about our day ect. then when we kiss eachother goodnight and roll over she crawls beside me and falls asleep and i hold her all night like i would a child...

So this said does anyone else sleep with there babys??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Baby doesn't sleep with us but when my DH gets up in the morning for work she jumps on the bed with me until I get up.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
yes lol..Isis & Onyx both pus themselves up on our waterbed..then seem to slowly try to push us off..hahahahah

we used to crate Isis ..at night b/c she would run up and down the stairs 904756476 times..lol

shes found the comforts of a waterbed now and i even find her there if i leave during the day..hahaha

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I defidently sleep with mine! they have since they were babies. Maddy used to until she started to pee in her sleep, that wasnt so nice. So now she sleeps beside the bed.. But yeah they are both crate trained, stay in their crate when we arent here, but sleep with me in the bed or on the floor. I would not have it any other way. It was so cold last night and Tink was scratching at me to let her under the covers, she tends to keep me very warm!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie doesnt sleep with us regularly anymore.... i have a hard enough time having a full nights sleep without her... She only sleeps with me when Shaun isnt home or if i fall asleep in the recliner or something.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Only recently have we started allowing ours in bed with us...Brady had a few frantic nights and my hubby gave in. Ours both love to share my pillow. I woke early this a.m. to find my two spooning together, Abby's leg dangled over Brady, sharing my pillow with me skooched down in the bed just to find room. I laughed out loud when my hubby rolled over to put an arm over me, only to find the two of them...I heard "where are YOU?" I said.."Down here!"  Neither was amused when I decided enough was enough, put both on THEIR bed and crawled back in. Within moments, they were both back on the bed...but hubby and I were cuddled into place first.

We recently went away for the weekend and there was an armchair next to the bed where we stayed. Brady oddly had no interest in sleeping in the bed with us, he was hooked on that armchair. We are ordering one soon for our room at home and hope he will find it to be as cozy.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona does not sleep with us....I fear we would have no room she likes to stretch out.  Maybe if we had a bigger bed :)  We do not crate her at night only when we are gone and no one is home.  She tends to like to sleep on the couch!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bo sleeps with me.  Don't know if that is more for him or more for me.  If he starts moving around in the bed it wakes me up and I can take him out to potty.  So far it is working pretty good.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My boyfriend won't even let Fredo on the bed. If it were up to me, he'd be right next to me all the time. He doesn't mind his crate though. He's got a huge blanket and a million toys. I can't even get him to wake up and get out of it in the morning.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes, both of my big babies sleep with us.  Sometimes one of them might sleep on the floor or the couch but mostly in our bed.  And don't let our skin kids climb in bed with us.....LOL!  I told hubby we need to buy another king bed to put next to the one we already have.   :lol:
I do crate them when we aren't home but they are in our bed at night.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My b/f toss and turns to much at night, so Duke sleeps on the floor.  But when my alarm goes off in the morning he jumps on the bed to cuddle with me before I have to go to work.  He knows that he has until the alarm goes off a second time to cuddle (usually its a little after that cause I never want to get out of bed) but he is in bed with us for about a half an hour to 45 mins in the morning.  He will sleep with me at night if my b/f isn't home or if I'm gone because he will have more room.  I keep telling Adam we need a kings sized bed so he will sleep with us again.  We try and get up to cuddle with us every night but he likes his room.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoosier sleeps on a comfy doggy bed in the bedroom, but he was trained in a crate. He has a private "den" off of our kitchen that he stays in when we aren't home.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is crated when I am gone but sleeps with me.  On weekends we will go out early in the am; then come back in and get back in bed.  That is when she really snuggles.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Maverick is in his crate at night with his bed and toys and blankets. He would much rather be in my bed but he isnt potty trained yet and the attempts we have had at letting him sleep with us he has peed and pooped on the carpet and chews things. we worry about electrical cords and such.

Id like him in the bed but once he is potty trained i guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hello new people!! first of all my dog chippy thinks he is my boyfriend and he doesn't  let anyone sleep near me,he has to be in the middle all the time he is very jealous, I blame my self for all this because I spoil him way too much. this is him now he is 1 year and 1 month.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Beckham is crate trained and is in the crate during the day while we're at work.  When we go upstairs to bed, he gets to cuddle until the TV gets turned off then he hops down (most of the time on his own) and goes into his crate for the night.  There have been occasions where we fall asleep and he will spend the night with us, but it's a rare occasion.  We'd need a bigger bed if he slept with us every night.   I-)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mic and Indy are in their Kennel(7.5' X 13' X 6'high) in the garage when we have to leave and Pua is in her crate inside...but, currently, the boys are sleeping on a HUGE 6'X6' dog bed made of memory foam and fleece! Pua will eventually join them, but as we need a spot small enough to discourage accidents...she is not in there yet...she's been sleeping with me...and seems to know that our bed is not the place to potty! She kisses me awake when she needs to go out...so far, so good...and we have a bed rail set up to keep her from falling out in the night(not that she EVER gets even a few inches away from my side!LOL!) she is up twice at night, once to potty around 2am and once around 4:30 or 5 AM  to eat and potty...then she goes back to bed and sleeps like an angel!

I never thought Kelly would agree to having a dog sleep with us...but, it was actually HIS idea!LOL! Could have knocked me over with a feather!LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts