Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swear by the food (raw)  makes their coats amazing.  That and fish oils:)

Its easier to see on Hanna's since she is dark brindle.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh sure...I know your secret...you just wiped them down with baby oil, didn't ya??? :rofl:

Love the tongue pic, and Hanna is very shiny. I guess the food is definitely agreeing with them!  :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's cute, Macy always has her tongue hanging out when she sleeps. When I picked her up from the vet after getting her spayed she had been sleeping all day with her tongue out and it was all dry, but she didn't want to move and that was the last of her worries.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We call the dried out tounge the "Baco".   Like a small crisp peice of bacon!  

Nope no baby oil, that would be funny hu?  ha ha  They would be slipping and sliding all over the house!! :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aaaahhh, look at that sweetheart....He looks soo innocent with that wee bit of tongue just sticking out...Such an angel....And yes, he has a gorgous shiny coat...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Aww!!!  So cute!!!  My babies never stick their tongues out, so I miss out on all those cute pictures.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I love those pictures of tongues sticking out a bit.  Beautiful Boxers and look in great condition.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what's this "raw" food diet like
It very easy, but need to do some research and some reading on it.   We started out with premade raw patties, now I can give them chicken wings, thights, necks, backs etc.

Hanna LOVES beef heart, venison, rabbit all stuff like that.   It basically going back to the wild and having the dogs eat like they used to eat - like wolves.  No carbs, no grains!  

And the LOVE it:)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, we do use kibble but are going to switch full raw this week.

At first it can be expensive because you go thru premade raw until you understand it a bit more.  Jess from Burning River has been a great help.   Then once you understand it, it actually becomes cheaper than human grade kibble.  

I will gather some info, and post a thread for those who are interested.  I know Jess is a member here, and sure she will be great insight too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If anyone has access to MDC forum, the have a dog forum and they talk in details how to do the raw food diet.  It's actually better for them than buying dog food.  And apparently it's no different than paying for expensive dog fod as it is buying the raw food.  It's also a good idea to give them some veggies with the raw meat.  

Hannah you have some beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right now I am using a chicken meat, chicken frames (bones) and veggie roll.  (Veggies are greenbean, orka, and some squash).  I cut the roll into patties for her weight and feed them to her.  

She loves them.   She will also get a chix wing to nibble on before the premade meal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts