Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
26229417_10154838769016601_2693248264146111727_n.jpg

If it isn't one thing it's something else...

Well today my husband let our two goons outside, shortly after he went to retrieve them and found a crime scene all over the side yard.. Lily had sliced a nice gash on her front paw which was fairly close to an artery the vet had said and now has three stitches. i thought it might have been glass but the vet looked it over and didn't see anything...but hell it could have been anything..I'm happy my husband was home and acted fast and got her to the vet when he did. I just wish i was home from work and could have attended the vet appointment...

so they gave her pain pills and antibiotics, wrapped her paw, gave us a bag to put over her foot for when she goes out and a cone.

I'm just concerned over where the the cut/stitches are... has anyone been through this ordeal what is the best way to help with the healing process as i figure being on her paw it will likely be hard spot... she goes back Thursday for a check up..

im sure taking her outside will be fun she can hardly walk, we have 3 steps for her to go down in order to get out and shes no light weight to carry her down them, luckily husband is working midnights for the next month so during the day and before he goes to work at 10 he can help me.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ooof, sorry about Lily's paw.

Had something similar but not nearly as severe. Zuke did something on a bike ride and sliced 2 of his knuckles and one pad pretty good. Still have no idea how he did it, there was absolutely nothing in the street when he yelped. Brought him home cleaned it up and since it pretty much stopped bleeding, he had to go to the vet in a few days so I waited. The vet said try to keep him out of dirt, water, ect. and put neosporin on it when you take him out as it will work as a protective barrier. Not sure if it would be the same because of the stitches or if its on the bottom of Lily's paw.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Unfortunately it's on her pad on the bottom... I managed to cut my vet visits to twice a year only for their yearly check up and snap test for heartworm.. literally last Thursday they went to see the vets and I said to the doctor id see him next year... not even a week later... :crazyeye: next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Unfortunately it's on her pad on the bottom... I managed to cut my vet visits to twice a year only for their yearly check up and snap test for heartworm.. literally last Thursday they went to see the vets and I said to the doctor id see him next year... not even a week later... :crazyeye: next time I'll keep my mouth shut.
Haha. Well best of luck with Lily and a quick recovery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts