Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering:

We got Marie last week on Friday. Rocky has never spent more than a few hours with another dog. He is usually really active when others are around. The past few days he's been resting more than usual. I'm thinking that he's probably worn out from having somebody to play with "all-day-long" where as before he would pretty much sleep all day long and then be away when we got home from work. He seems to be eating and drinking as normal and will still get up for his treats. So I don't think he's sick (or at least I really hope he isn't).

Has anybody else noticed this type of behavior when they've added another boxer/dog/pet/etc to their family?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I would think that would be a pretty normal behavior.  As long as they are eating, drinking, playing some and no problems with going to the bathroom you are probably all good.....

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Sounds like you got yourself a "boxer-wearer-downer" LOL

That's what Kyrie was for us! She wore Odin out... he still had energy but nothing like he did prior to having her.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
LOL! Wow...someone who actually had cause to WORRY about a SLUGGISH boxer!?!?! Too funny...usually the questions are more like "will HE EVER SLOW DOWN!"LOL!  Sounds pretty normal to me...ours wear eachother out!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep.....gotto echo the general consensis here....Herbie came Friday last week and Maggie hasn't been as nearly as "excited"  to see us in the evenings......hubby is a little butt hurt she doesn't want to wrestle for an hour when he gets home at night...hehehhe

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Ditto here - Sam was exhausted when we first got Lucy. He wasn't used to all the playtime. I think she is getting him into shape though as his endurance is building up and he is able to keep up with her most of the time now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts