Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y’all! My little Kona girl is about to be 8 months old and she still only weighs about 38-40 lbs. her parents were both about 55/60 lbs. I’ve mentioned it to her vet, but she says everything looks fine, she’s just small. She’s eating fine, acts like a boxer (jumps, pounces, and all!)...I’m just concerned😬 my family boxers were larger and weighed more at this age. I’m currently feeding her Eukanbua Large Breed puppy and she loves it but thinking of switching to Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy.
Anyone else have a smaller sized boxer at this age and then filled out later? Thoguhts? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome.
She's a cutie. There's a thread on here about how big boxers were at certain ages. You should be able to find it with a search.
I wouldn't worry about it if your vet isn't. They say at about 2 that they are 'grown' (pretty much what Matt said).
We have two from the same litter and one was the big one, the other was average. Tundra, our big boy, has always been a little bigger than his brother.

As long as she's healthy and growing, I'd just take lots of pictures- they grow faster than you think they will.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My boy was 60lbs around that age. But was certianly going to be 80 to 90lbs when he was full grown. They grow at a slower rate than many other breeds from what I understood.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Aww she is fine my Struddell, weighted 65 lbs at about 3 to 4 years of age (they gain weight and fill out slow. But even at that she still looked small?? More so if she was next to pretty much any male Boxer so it's just a girl thing. She looks good so don't worry. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree! My boxer Snowball is almost 2 years old and probably weighs under 50lbs. Last time we weighed in at the vet she was like 42 lbs i think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:
Kona is still pretty small and just turned 11 months weighing about 45 lbs. I took her to the vet for some shots a couple months ago and her vet said that Kona is perfectly healthy, just a "petite" boxer. She wasn't concerned one bit, and said Kona could still grow a little more, just have to wait and see. Plus, she's super active and loves to run around. I switched her to Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy, which is an all-life stages food, and she loves it!

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Kona is adorable!! This is Snowball right now (siting) and then on her second birthday a couple months ago (standing) she seems pretty slender to me. But I think she's perfect at this size!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts