Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the thread about small boxers and just wanted to share my baby girl.

She's almost 2 years old, 18" tall (floor to shoulder) and 30-35 pounds. She had tapeworms as a puppy (7 weeks), that's all taken care of and she wasn't even close to the smallest of her litter.

Before I get flamed, she is fixed and has been looked over by multiple vets and deemed to be very healthy.

Does any one else have a small(er) boxer?

Here are some pictures of her vs. our normal sized boxer boy (23", 60-65 pounds)...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I think your little girl is adorable.  I imagine there are small dogs out there just like there are short people.  My mother in law tops at at 4'8" and she is just tiny!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chloe is pretty small. We are always being told what a cute PUPPY we have.. When they ask how old and we reply with 2 1/2 yrs old

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zeus is short as well. He is only 20" from floor to shoulder but bulky. He is 50 lbs and will be 2 yrs old on Christmas. He was actually the biggest in his litter out of i think 7 pups.  The vets look at Zeus and all say he is perfectly healthy as well. Your little girl is beautiful.

·
Registered
278 Posts
She's adorable!  Your big guy there is a handsome man!  I'd guess there were smaller ancestors in her lineage.  Welcome to the forum.  What's their names???

·
Registered
270 Posts
Both of your dogs are so good lookin!  Like someone has already said.....some dogs are just small be nature, just like people!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Glad you shared your pictures.  What are their names and they are both adorable!!!  So glad to hear that she is healthy and 2 yrs. old to boot.  Welcome to the Forum!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote="ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"31174":2khtxu1c]Chloe is pretty small. We are always being told what a cute PUPPY we have.. When they ask how old and we reply with 2 1/2 yrs old

·
Registered
270 Posts
that ia funny about humanizing our pups.....my pups get more toys out, make more messes, ruin more things in my house than my two "human" boys!!  I clean up after the dogs more than I do my sons!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
She may be tiny, but she's gorgous as is Milo.....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Kaci and Milo and gorgeous.. I like that Chloe is on the smaller side too..I am actually kinda nervous getting a male boxer puppy because I can't imagine a big guy like that sitting on my lap like Chloe does  :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the little pup is cool looking.   Boxers act like puppys forever anyway.........you have the best of both worlds,   looks like a pup and acts like a pup.    I would rather have a "mini boxer" than some of this other designer dog crap, like "snoodles" and whatever those little furry ankle biters are.   :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kaci is as sweet as can be and Milo is a handsome guy.  Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Awwwwww!  She's a cutie!  And Milo is a handsome thing!  And someone said something about being nervous about getting a male dog and him sitting on her lap.  Well, I can testify to that.  My female weighs 52 and my male 67 lbs and he's just as much a lap dog as she.  Believe me, you can tell the difference.  He'll just plop his big ol' head down on you....but I love it!   :D

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Shes adorable!!!!!!!:)

My Roxy is 2 1/2 65lbs!! Not sure how tall

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I wouldn't call her small, tiny, miniature, or anything but a petite boxer gal! Beautiful too! My friends female boxer is 2 and only about 43 lbs. My Maddie is 2 1/2 years old , 23 1/2 inches tall and 65 pounds. She is a big female. No matter what the size, I love 'em all!  :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I'm the guy that had the tread about small boxers.  You didn't get flamed like I did.  I guess the things I said got people riled maybe.  Are the dogs bro & sis from a different litter?  Their chest markings are almost identical.  They are a good looking pair.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
At the boxer bash there was a 10 month old pup playing with Diesel and Betty. She was much smaller than the two of them. They said that was as much as she was going to grow. I don't remember the exact illness she had as a pup, but it prevented her from growing. Cutest little thing though.

and I agree with the majority here.
No matter what the size, I love 'em all!
[/quote]

·
Registered
405 Posts
Abby is small also, about 18 inches also and 38 lbs at 14.5 months. I was in petsmart one day and overheard this couple discussing how old she must be...they each agreed that she could be no older than 6 months. hahahha...she was 13 months at the time. She still has some time to fill out but will always be petite...
Similar to your situation, she had giardia when we rescued her at 5.5 months. She had been in a cage at the breeders until 2 days before that, never let out. So the confinement in a cage and who knows how long she had giardia before we got her, both contributed to her small size...but I think she's a great size, she will always be a puppy to me!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts