Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
how much does the pup weigh? height? when mine were 20 weeks old: Brutus was about 38 pounds and Arabella was 40 pounds. Arabella was 19" tall and Brutus was about 20". Do you know how large the parents were? Usually a good indicator for the size of the pup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi.

She has ground chicken with bone in, mince with bone in. And other meat with no bone in. But mainly chicken. I do have wings for her but she still has baby teeth so not sure she can crunch them yet.

I will weigh her tomorrow. I did today but I think the scales were wrong.

Her dad was small, I remember seeing him and he was so hansom but really small. Her mum was a 'normal' size.

I will update in morning, thank you x

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
597 Posts
She doesn't look too skinny to me. Although I know some people on this forum and other have had hard times keeping weight on when feeding primarily chicken. If you can, try to work some more red meats into the diet.

I'm not a fan of wings as they are an awkward shape and could easily be swallowed (Sid is a gulper).

·
Registered
6,618 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hiya

Thanks for replying.

She has chicken, lamb but she didn't seem to like it although I will try her again on it, mince, steak, tripe and I have just got some tripe from another place which is green and White when defrosted. She has liver. Not tried kidney yet.

But like I said she does have chicken most of the time although I will order more other meat now I know she is ok on it. I mainly stuck to chicken as I knew she was okay on it whilst introducing the new food.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts