Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello boxer lover (my first post)
a couple a days ago i noticed a small bump that looks like a pimple under my 14 week old boxers eye some of the hair is gone and the skin is a little red. it has been 4 days and it has not changed it looks the same. i dont see her scratch at it or try to rub it; and it does not bother her when i touch around the area. I have a pic of it but my cam sucks. should i leave it alone or take her to the vet I hate to waste money going to the vet and they tell me nothing is wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It kinda looks like Canine Acne! I would take her to the vets just to make sure though! My girl gets them about once or twice a year on her chin and I have also seen one under her eye! Just keep the spot dry and maybe put some neosporine(sp?) on it. May also be a bug bite!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would be careful about using the neosporin near the eye.  I'm not sure if that is o.k. to get in the eye.  Maybe try a little vitamin E squirted out of the capsule onto your finger and put that on the little bump.  Vitamin E will not hurt if it gets in the eye. If it was my dog with it, I would just watch and observe it and use the vit E.  If it gets worse or more appear I would check it out.  I am not a vet, but that is what I would do if it were my dog.  

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..What's your little cutie's name? I;d wait a few more days before taking her to the vet. If it changes at all, then I would..I know puppy acne is pretty common, or it could possibly be a bug bite too...Keep an eye on it and see how she does....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you guys that really helped me out
I think Im going to wait it out and see if it gets worse
and her name is NYA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
my 15mo female boxer started developing same bumps like that as well. At first noticed it on her back. It was small and looked like a little pimple. I started messing with it and i guess one day she scracthed it off and it started to scab. My sister in law who works at as a vet tech said it looked harmeless. She took her scab off. Its started to heal again and again the same thing happend were she scracthed it off. It has been close to a month.. It started to scab.. But now what scares me is that i noticed a little pimple on her side temple? Could she have cancer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts