Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks everyone, I love my boy to bits and he's so cute and makes us laugh every day! And yes, practicality wise he's much easier -travels well and still fits in the footstool at the front of the car, easy for snuggles in bed since he doesn't take up much room, and we can still pick him up (a god send when he needs a bath since he hates water!)

At the beginning I suppose we were a bit like...hmmmph we chose a boxer because of a lot of things including their size and Archie is obviously on the small size. But now he's so much part of the family that we don't care. It's the same with children I guess, you don't care what height or size they are you love them anyways!

And it sounds like he's got a bit of time to grow so that's good :) we can't imagine out life without Arch now, we are actually thinking about getting another one....but that's a different thread haha!

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
My very 1st boxer was still-born (mamma worked on her for a long time,and succeeded!-I was there,saw it all) she grew to 55lbs but very small in height and length...we went everywhere together,she was all muscle by 4yrs old;remove the xtra muscle mass and she would have been aroung 40lbs

Very intelligent,quick and fearless

You got a special one :)

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Actually boxers don't mature until they're between 2-3 years old so he still has some bulking up to do! :)
Struddell took a about three years to fill out and she ended up at 65 lbs.

Pretty muched look the same as she did at two just added more muscle. She was smaller than most male Boxers I saw they were always a little taller and broader then her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my 1 year old boxer dog (Archie) is reallly small to the point that people are always shocked when we tell them that he's 1! They always look at me like I'm a terrible owner! People have said he looks like a 4/5 month old pup.

He weighs about 12kg, and he's only about 59 cm (23 inch) from ground to his shoulders and around 70 cm (28 inch) from ground to the top of his head. (I have tried to upload some pics; hopefully they work! The one next to other dogs gives a good reference, he's the little red boy at the front with white socks!)

We've had a hard time getting Archie as a pup on food that he likes, he just refused to eat for a while which was so stressfull as you can imagine. We spent a fortune on 4 vets opinions, tests etc. To be told that there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. We have him really settled on Arden Grange which he gobbles up (yay!) And he's got all the boxer energy you can imagine!

His size doesn't bother us now, were not stressed or upset about it now and we are happy that he's happy, healthy and very fit, but I wondered if anyone else has a boxer as small?! He's a very slim build like his daddy, but his height is very short and his head neck etc are all still very small and puppy like. Does he still have time to grow?

We love our boy and wouldn't change him for the world but thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has a teacup boxer?!

Thanks
I have a full blood boxer that just turned 1 on November 10th 2021. He is just 19 pounds. 8.6kg. He was born with a mild case of hydrocephalus that stunted his growth. He was so tiny he could fit in my shirt pocket. But has the personality of a much larger dog.
Dog Comfort Light Picture frame Textile

Dog Photograph Carnivore Collar Dog breed

21 - 27 of 27 Posts