Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as i have mentioned before we have a little problem with Savannah going potty on the patio instead of the grass. We are trying to break her of that habit, but does anyone know of some kind of disinfectant or cleaner i can use to get rid of the smell?? Since it is getting hotter here in Texas the smell is starting to get really rank. I walked in our back yard and trotted right back in because i couldnt stand the smell!! we spray it off, but obviously this isnt helping. If anyone has a suggestion or knows of a dog friendly cleaner-please let me know!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hmmmm, have you tried bleach and water? We have stray cats that come on our deck and spray on it all the time so it smells like cat pee, we take a pressure washer and put bleach and water in it and it does the job :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
OHHHHH... how I miss HOME (TX)!!! I'm from the Southwest area... Del Rio and San Antonio. I actually have that problem with Odin he likes to just go on the patio early in the morning and LATE at night. I mean I know they like to be your shadow but WOW! It's like he doesn't want to go far from me or the door. Sometimes we put him outside by himself and that causes the potty on the patio and sometimes I go ALL the way to the end of the yard and he looks at me like I'm crazy or something and then pees on the patio. It doesn't smell though... he doesn't poo on the patio... is that what she does? I mean I spray it off anyway... but it doesn't smell.

I would try that Kennel wash...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she will poo and pee. The pee isnt what smells, but even though i pick the poo up immediatley-it still smells. It is like it lingers on the patio even though it is gone. Last night was the worst. I was going to try bleach, but wasnt sure how pet friendly that would be for the dogs. Oh and we are in West Fort Worth Rich. Thanks guys for the ideas.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It could be just a phase Andrea..When we lived in Calif, both Buck & Tia were always pooping on the concrete around the pool..Ugh...Not a pretty sight when you have guests, huh? Then they stopped for some reason. I just hosed the concrete down, but never noticed any smell or anything..Bleach would be fine for now..That's how Angels' breeder cleans out her kennels...Definitely that would be cheaper than using Nature's Miracle!    :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
BLEACH WATER AND A LITTLE BAKING SODA!!! Arm and hammer takes the smell out of anything! Baking soda is def. pet friendly! Thats what I used when Brian would poo in his crate. Thank God he stopped doing that! That was horrible-even from a little dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts