Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxer, Mateo, was snake bit by a copperhead (we think) in 2006 in the face.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh my God Nano, his poor face!  That must have been very scary.

There are no snakes in Ireland so at least we don't have to worry about Tink getting too brave around them.

Well, of course you might get the odd escapee that was kept as a pet, but at least they won't be venomous - plus it's too cold here for any snake to survive outside captivity for long.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Poor Guy!!!!  We see this pretty often.  Had a year old female just the other day, but only one side of her face/lip was swollen.  She looked like a cartoon character :)  Glad that worked out for you guys Copperhead bites can be nasty!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
OMG! that poor baby.. Chloe seen a snake once out in the back yard and she ran away from it. Now after seeing those pics of Mateo..I'm so glad she did. Goodness, I can't get over how swelled up he was.  :(

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh my! Poor Mateo, that looks terrible. I'm glad you were able to get him right to the vet. That must have been very scary for you both!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Copperheads are pretty common around here as well, them and water moccasins...We ran into one when we took Samson down to the creek a couple years ago...Thankfully Marq saw it in time and we all steered a very wide path around it....How scary tho, Poor Mateo, that looks rather nasty....Can't believe how much his face swelled up

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
omg! i am glad he is ok.that must have been soooo scary. in that first pic his face is swollen he doesn't even look like a boxer, he looks like a saint Bernard or something!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Glad he is okay, that would be so scary.  He looked so sad!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Poor Mateo, glad everything turned out ok, we don't have snakes in NZ but spiders can be a problem, my last dog Kassy was bitten by a spider Im so glad I was with her at the time, she collapsed and had to be rushed to emergency for adrenaline, very scary...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
WOW how aweful..poor thing it must have really hurt !! so glad you were right there...i HATE snakes...yuk !! i dont mind most any other creature jsut not snakes ! creepy and sneaky lol..

glad hes ok :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts