Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so Milo has started doing this thing where he sneezes (we call it snooting) and then it's like he can't breathe or something b/c he starts to snort (3-4 times), like he's trying to catch his breath or something.

Has anyone else had any first hand knowledge of what might be going on. It seems to be getting worse, so we're probably going to go to the vet soon.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is it an inhale snort type of thing? Alot of snub nose breeds do this. If I understand correctly, their really isn't anything you can do. And no treatment. Just let them pass it and they are fine. If that is what your describing. Some refer to it as a reverse sneeze.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah, it does sound like a reverse sneeze to me. I think they do it to clear their throats. I think I remember reading somewhere that you can massage their neck area to help them, but I'm not sure. Buster used to do that alot, but it would only last about 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis does that and then i get sneezed on shortly after haha,,but shes does do that reverse thing...every so often....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, it's an inhale snort after the sneeze. He's never done it before though, in his 4 years of life...it's just recently. Also, it's like he kind of struggles when he's snorting, like as if he was choking.

Thank you Dan, I'll look those over.

edit: I looked them over...thank you Dan, I'm sorry I didn't search first, but what Sharon explained is exactly what is going on with Milo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts