Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is the wrong section, i wasn't quite sure where to post... i think that tess is half pig... she is a snort machiene. anytime her mouth isn't open she just sounds like a pig, especially when she is smelling something, is this normal? i thought that since boxers are a brachycephalic breed it was pretty normal to an extent, but our other boxers that we have had in the past didn't even compare, i would occationally hear a snort or two but not very much, and their snouts were much more smooshed than hers is, also at night when she is sleeping ..... i cannot even explain in words how loud she snores! it is insane! i thought that my grandpa snored loud, .... it almost sounds painful how loud her snoring is sometimes

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Dont worry Zulu could wake the dead with his snoring. He has woken me up a few times, when he dreams he gets this continuous snort snore thing going on. . . . I-)

As for the half pig thing, Zulu too, i often wonder if there isnt a bit of pig in his bloodlines :))

·
Registered
291 Posts
mine too ace is the worst it is a toss up between the hubby and him though - sometimes they alternate one goes than the other - at that time i am forced to retreat to the couch!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahaha i swear that her lungs are like supersized some times one snore will last for like 10 seconds strait! and then i wont hear her let the air back out, she just starts all over again

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, I remember the first time my sister visited and she asked me if it was normal for Boxers to breathe as loud as they do, I think I told her, just wait til they start snoring! :lol: Some Boxers are worse than others, Buck could wake the dead, he was really bad...Tia never snored, Samson does on occasion as does Angel, but the snorting, oh yea, all the time :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I am thankful that Fiona does not do it very often....If she has had a big day and is really tired she will let it rip (snore)....but otherwise pretty quite at night here :) ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah only snores when she is really tired like Fiona but Keegan is a snore machine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Barker snores pretty loud right when she lays down for the night, but once she is in deep sleep she quiets down.  We can always tell when she is out!  :D

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Tango doesn't snore too often.  Last night I was on the computer tho' and yelled out to the b/f..."is that Tango snoring!"  He was loud, but that's really the first time I heard him ... thank goodness!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL I remember when we first got Odin, asking on the forum if it was normal or not. Our first boxer and our first time around one. I LOVE IT! Though I don't so much when Odin's snoring in my right ear and hubby in my left while I'm trying to sleep!

I remember the MIL came to visit and Odin and hubby were sitting on the love seat and hubby fell asleep... well so did Odin... and ONE OF THEM was SAWING LOGS! She joked about hubby snoring and I said... "Oh that's not hubby that's Odin!" The look and her reaction she gave was hilarious. Hubby woke up and was like, "yeah that's not me"... and Odin's just SNORING away! LOL

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Adam says that Duke and I have contests when we sleep to see who can snore the loudest.  Bentley doesn't snore too bad yet.  We will see though.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
LOL...Bubba does snore...sometimes its so bad...especially when we are trying to go to bed/or sleeping that I hafta call him to get his attention LOL and sometimes its so bad to where he dont here me LOL i guess he is in deep slumber...Dixie's snores arent so bad as of yet lol but it will prolly come in the futures!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Keno snored like a chainsaw, after he passed away I had trouble sleeping without the noise...man I miss that dog and his idiosyncrasies.
-Rich

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah she has always snorted but we just moved into a new house and she sleeps in the same room as us now and i NEVER realised how loud she was at night, my favorite is when i am scratching her neck right under the collar really fast and she starts stomping her hind leg on the ground and just snortin away its so cute

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had read about the snoring from boxers before I adopted Abby, a rescue. I thought it would bother me, since it bothered me with ex-boyfriends. I made them leave the room. lol.
Well, Abby only snores when she's moving into her deep sleep for the night, after a hard day of walking and playing. And I love it! It's not as bad a human snore for me. I find it very peaceful and soothing. She likes to sleep in the livingroom, very close to the bedroom so I can still hear her - and it's my security blanket (her snoring).
Only had a boxer as a young child but back then he was kept outside on the farm (that's what farmers thought you do with dogs).
So, this is my first boxer of my own and I love her. She's 6 or 7 and such a fantastic dog. She was at the rescue with a male Lab/Spaniel mix puppy so I got the set.
Abby is like a Mom to Sasha, the pup. They adore each other.

·
Registered
359 Posts
OH MY OH MY...lol, Lette snores and between her and my husband I get NOOOOOOOOOOOOO sleep well little to no sleep...I go to the spare room after they have both fallen asleep and sometimes she gets out of her chair (that is right next to our bed) and follows me, and I tell her nooooo, because I know that she is gonna keep me up.  I love her sleeping with me during the day lol, but at night OMG it is soooo bad, and she snorts too lol lol lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts