Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he gets really snotty like he has a cold but doesnt,only at certain times of the day though.he was like this when i first got him,its cleary but a bit foamy at times

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
my girls noise looks "foamy" and runs a little after shes been playing hard! she just turned 3 and still does it

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Maple's runs clear often, and she sometimes sounds stuffed up and I've asked the vet and she said it's normal just because she has a short snout.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
There's a lot of pollen in the air right now as well, could be a bit of allergies....Are the eyes running at all? Clear or green? Same with snot, clear is ok, green means infection

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bib's eyes are super-runny right now...spring-time right around the corner in Seattle! He always gets a "salty-nose" when he's playing hard or just "huffin' and puffin' " around! Goofball!

xoxo

Julia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at least im not the only owner with a snotty tissue in my pocket for the pup lol!ive two other boxers and this never happens so im guessing it might be an allergy or the pollen but either way i might still just get it checkedout,thanks for all the comments your all very good and i must say all your boxers are gorgeous really are x

·
Registered
913 Posts
speaking of the snots Ashley gets a clear liquid once in a while too..but the weird part is..when it dries..it DOES look like she has salt deposits on the corner edge of her nose..Dried snot maybe?? I have to run and get a washcloth to get it off..I don't want anyone to think my dog has some drug issue..LOL

·
Registered
320 Posts
Glad I found this ....

we just got back from vacation and had to board 2 of the schnauzers and Lulu.   When we picked them up, everyone was fine.   Lulu gets up the next morning and her eyes are full of thick gunk --- kind of yellow/green.   Gave her benedryl over the weekend hoping it would clear up.   NOTHING.   She got up this morning and again, full of yellow/green gunk.   Worst I've ever seen.   Made hubby take her to the vet.   They did bloodwork and said it was just allergies and gave her eye drops that we have to use 2x per day for 7 days.   I, myself, thought green meant infection, but vet just says allergies.   Poor Lulu.    :cry:  :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts